“Yuck!”

Macon Marriott City Center
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I have stayed at this property many times since it opened several years ago. It has gone steadily downhill in the past 3 years. Last night was the straw that broke the camel's back. The sheet was stained, there were hairs in the shower and black specks of something on the wash cloth. Do NOT stay at the Marriott Macon City Center!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Wende B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

How disappointing for me to learn through this method, how we failed you. No one is more important than our customers. I so apologize for our failure to have your room perfect. Stained linen is obviously not acceptable.

We are committed to keep improving our practices, processing and training to correct issues we have. Our guest loyaly scores have been improving all year, but we surely have more improvement to make.

If you wish to reach out to me to further discuss, please do so.... 478.803.1600 is my direct line.

Thank you.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Marriott Macon is beautiful facility, but Housekeeping staff would benefit from more attention to detail. Our room did not have in room coffee packs replenished. Bathroom amenities were also lacking, as was sheet listing tv channels.
Before making the reservation, I had specifically asked if Executive Lounge would be open on Friday night/Saturday morning. I was told yes. When I checked in, I was told Executive Lounge is NEVER open on weekends. (We were given vouchers for comp breakfast in dining room, tho.)

Room Tip: Marriott Platinum Club members should ask for room upgrade.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We stayed here for a romantic getaway, and it was WONDERFUL!!! The staff is courteous and helpful. They cannot recommend enough local eateries in town, and they know all the places where the locals go. The room was HUGE and comfortable. Housekeeping was attentive and helpful too. The location is great -- right on the perimeter of Macon proper. I just can't say enough great things about this place. Stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel on our way to Hilton Head Island. This hotel is conveniently located and had easy access from the interstates that run through Macon. Since we are Gold Level Marriott members, they put us on the concierge level and this was good. Good food and a great room. I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed one night during the winter and was generally pleased with the property. It took seconds to arrive at the hotel after exiting the Interstate. Parking was close and complimentary with fast access to the lobby and elevators. It must be noted that this hotel's elevators are some of the fastest I have ever seen. What a delight to press the button and have the doors open in seconds. Getting to our floor was quick but smooth.
The indoor pool was clean and with plenty of clean towels. An attendant checked to make sure our needs were met. The whirlpool was plenty warm and very relaxing. The lobby was spacious with plenty of seating and areas for people to sit and discuss business details.
The only negative items to note is the low water pressure in our room, especially the sink faucet. I understand about government rules requiring weak water flow but most hotels manage to provide more pressure in the shower and especially at the sink. It took ten seconds to fill an 8 ounce plastic cup with water. We also discovered that some rooms have no tub, only a shower. Inquire at the desk if this is an important item to you. Also, in-room internet is extra charge. Bring a laptop to the lobby if you want to avoid the fee. This may be a Marriott policy but is just plain petty.
When staying in Macon, we plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if the room has a tub.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple