Macon Marriott City Center
US$139
Hampton.com
1842 Inn(Macon)
US$183
All reviewsthe concierge loungestayed at the marriottstarbucks coffeefull service hotelconference centerclose to downtownco workersbusiness tripvery nice hotelbeds were comfortablehousekeeping staffnice stayinterstateflorida
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Smells like urine...Disappointed

Checked in at 10:30pm on 10/14 after traveling for several hours. Of course we were exhausted. The interactions with the staff at Marriott Center City were good. I reserved 3 rooms, called and asked if the rooms could be together. The person I spoke to was accommodating and mentioned she would do what she could but warned that they were nearly sold out. Two of the rooms were in good condition and smelled normal but the third room smelled like urine and had a lot of dark carpet stains.

I reported the issue to the front desk, Kelsie. The best they could do was spray air freshener. Someone came to the room, set the
AC to 60 degrees and sprayed air freshener. The front desk said they were sold out and other than spraying air freshener, the couldn't offer any other options.

There is no worse feeling than paying for quality that you did not receive. I am not use to seeing badly soiled carpet in a Marriott and having the smell of urine hit you when you enter the room. We were told they recently had a dog competition and they had several dogs staying at the hotel which is not an issue but the carpets should be cleaned.

I felt like I was in a low budget motel. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Thaxter helped by trying to make things better.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Scott B, General Manager at Macon Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

A B,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize your stay was not up to Marriott standards. Having a room with dirty carpet and an odd odor does not make a for a pleasant stay. I am excited to tell you that we will be starting our room update, including replacing the carpet in the rooms. I am confident the new room refresh will bring a modern satisfaction, while maintaining the southern charm. I hope if your travels bring you back to Macon, you will give us an opportunity to showcase the new room.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

The location was ideal. We had an event that was downtown macon. The Hotel was nice, the entrance was welcoming and the staff was very friendly. If I have one complaint, it would be that we did not have glasses in room, so we called to have the glasses delivered to our room, but no one ever came. I would recommend this to family and friends

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

This City Center is conveniently located next to the cityCentre conference facility. But, from the moment of check in until we checked out 6 days later, we were treated just like family with one glaring exception!
First, the praise.....the concierge facility was staffed by a really friendly lady who knew how to treat people. I regret I did not get her name as she was also working on the desk at other times. We went to the concierge lounge one morning and felt like we had imposed! It was not quite 8:30 am and nothing was available. Not a slice of toast!!!!! Others came in after us and were voicing their dismay. We were told we needed to be there earlier if we wanted anything!!! The next morning, I decided I would go back and see if there was ever anything!!! Indeed, the terrible experience became a distant memory as I encountered Evelyn Johnson. It was as if I had been invited into her home!!! What Pride she takes in making everyone feel important!!!
I felt at home....never saw the lady that didn't need to be interacting with people at all!!! Ms Johnson made me feel so warm and at home and, like most everyone else, was sincere!!! Thank you for a wonderful Marriott experience!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Extremely clean rooms, staff do a top notch job. They should however, be more professional with their conversations, as I heard them make negative comments about those within my organization. Don't assume guests can't hear you.

Very courteous and professional front desk staff. Always ready to answer questions and help.

Could be better if smoking area not right by front doors. Also breakfast not free is ok, but $17 for breakfast and $2.50 for a small bottle of water, this is very high for the area. Air conditioners not working very well either, had temp set to 60° and barely made 72° in room.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2017

First I want to mention that the room was well kept, housekeeping staff went ABOVE and BEYOND and the front desk was great.

In the end it didn't matter. The restaurant service was some of the worst I have experienced. We had to wait 23 minutes to get menus and a beverage at dinner. There were only 3 tables occupied including us. The next time we sat at the bar, thinking it would be an improvement. Nope, we were still invisible. The concierge lounge wasn't set up on time any of the evenings we were there. It was as though they were surprised to be open and had never fed guests before. It was really disappointing.

Room Tip: Bring your own food.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple