“Left a horrible hotel for this one”

Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 19 February 2017

Was staying somewhere else and found bedbugs in the bed. This was at 2:30 or so in the morning. Since I could get no help from that hotel I went on my laptop and found this hotel with a great night person named Al. He could not have been more helpful. They had one room left and he saved it for me. Went up and made up the sleeper sofa for my grandson, turned on the tvs for us, adjusted the air conditioning in the room. Met us at the front desk with a smile and some bottled water and set us up for a later checkout so we could sleep in. I can't thank him enough, he made a really frustrating night a little better

Room Tip: Great place to stay
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pwrightscj
HGIMacon, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Macon / Mercer University, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

I am sorry to hear you had a not so great experience here in Macon but I am glad that you found our hotel in your "time of need". We are so lucky to have great associates and Al is definitely a wonderful asset to our team. I will pass on your comments to Al. I know he will appreciate hearing that he made your evening a little better. Please come and visit us again the next time your travels take you to the Macon area.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

The staff was welcoming and friendly. Al was quite helpful as we arrived late and he helped us get a bottle of wine from the bar after hours. The food staff were very friendly and ingratiating. The location on campus was quite good.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank butman

Thank you for sharing your kind words about your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to meet Al. We are lucky to have him working with us. Our location on Mercer University's Campus is also a great plus when choosing accommodations and I am glad you found our hotel. Please come back and see us again the next time your travels take you to Mercer University or Macon Georgia.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

The young lady who checked me provided AWESOME customer service. She was very friendly, smiling, and very approachable. Once she identified I was a Hilton Honors Gold Member, I received bottles of water and a very quick check-in.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank veronikam339

Thank you for sharing your kind words about your recent stay with us and the AWESOME service you received. It is our goal for all of our guests to feel this way; however as a Hilton Honors Gold Member, you are one of our most important guests. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I love HGI hotels and this one is a stand out because of their staff! This place has happy employees which in turn makes for happy customers! Not a fan of the number dial beds and the two queen room did NOT have them. Love the Keurig coffee makers in the room. Breakfast was always fresh and hot. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank 731rodneyf

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing with the TripAdvisor Community that our staff stands out! We know that there are a lot of choices and we know that it is the people that make the difference and I am glad that you felt that during your visit. We will be replacing all of our King Garden Sleep System beds later this year so you will not have to worry about the "dial beds" when you come back to visit us again. We look forward to taking care of you on your next trip to Macon!

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I like staying at this hotel. The staff is very . It is convenient in many ways. It is right off the highway. The hotel has a restaurant that is very good. It is also a quiet place to eat and the service was very fast. I like that because when I'm traveling it is nice to not have to go out once you arrive at hotel. The scenery around hotel is nice as well. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Sputnik_10

Sputnik_10,

Thank you for recommending our hotel! It is always great to hear when guests have an enjoyable stay, but it means so much to us when someone goes out of their way to recommend us as a place to stay in Macon. I am glad to hear that the staff took good care of you when you were here and I hope you come and visit us again the next time you travel to Macon.