“Always excellent!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,512 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 300 South
Transit: Take the Trax to the Gallivan Center stop on Main Street. Proceed on foot one half block south to 300 S. then turn right (west) and travel one block - you'll see Ruth's Chris Steak House ahead on the right.
Description: Start your evening the Ruth’s Chris way – over a mouth-watering filet. Sit back and enjoy the most tender, extra-thick, hand-cut Steak you’ve ever tasted, served "sizzling" in butter on a 500 degree plate. Or, if you’re in the mood for something a little different, our extensive a la carte menu features live Maine Lobster, fresh seafood, a variety of vegetable dishes, and eight potato selections. Enjoy our warm, elegant atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris genuine hospitality. So, whether you’re a regular, or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining in our state-of-the-art media equipped rooms is one call away. Ruth's Chris Steak House- Salt Lake is independently owned and locally operated. The brand began in New Orleans but we're proud to be a part of the Salt Lake community. We look forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We come here to celebrate... birthdays, anniversaries, etc. You cannot go wrong with anything on the menu--even the vegetarian plate! The portions are generous and we always take some of our dinner home.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I visited with 2 staff today. The bar tender was rude and condescending from the start. Pretended could not understand what I was saying. We wanted to enjoy coffee and desert after leaving a conference at 5pm. She asked us our ID because “Utah state law requires to check ID of anyone seated at the bar and under 40”. By now our cell videos are rolling. One of us is 51 yrs old (the two other way above 30). When we observed the couple seated near us was not subjected to the same rule she disappeared to get a manager; Chris. He refused to ask the people seated near us whether they were asked their ID (they too looked in the 30s, 40s and 50s like us). All he did was repeating that she is not a racist because he’s worked with her “many years”.
I have personally visited CR restaurants all over. Yeah they have good steak. Anyone that values human dignity would stay away from this establishment. Maybe then management will take steps to root out the evil that’s bigotry. Shame on Ruth Chris Slat Lake.

4  Thank Loubna999
Reviewed 26 March 2018

A well ran restaurant is something to see. From dedicated water/drink people, to watching the staff worth together....it makes a meal shine! Special occasion customers get their own room and the staff really take care of you! They are a steak house....and you will pay a lot to eat there....but for service and food quality...you can't go wrong. Seriously...they get it right!

1  Thank dkbrig
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Made a little stop here before the the Bon Jovi concert....... Frazier, as usual made our experience spectacular. The Spicey lobster appetizer, the lump crab cakes, the scallop appetizer all were exceptional. Oh ya and the fillet can’t be beat.

2  Thank cannonater
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I just had an amazing power lunch with Shu and you should know all about it! Now this lunch had been in the works for months as my potential client resides in Japan. He is the proverbial "whale", so it was imperative that this lunch go down without a hitch. Since the confirm was last moment, I had no time to prep the staff in any way. Also we showed up at the same time,so my opportunity to inform anyone went right out the window. Thankfully, any apprehensions I had were strongly misplaced.

When we arriced, we walked in together and were greeted by a smiling, and charming hostess which led us to a quiet booth in the corner. In a matter of seconds, Shu was on the scene seemingly with the intent to make this the best lunch ever. As my guest is foreign not only to the country but to Ruth Chris' as well, I was afraid he might be a bit lost. Shu not only went though their required spiel ( I assume ) ,but also took the time and consideration to answer all of his questions about portion size and allergenic concerns -WITH A SMILE!

We both ordered, he the Shrimp Chop Salad, and I the Petite filet as their beef is an absolute must. Each of the entrees came out hot,fast,and fresh. My filet was the absolute best, as usual. He was thoroughly impressed with the flavors, presentation, and service -all qualities which are highly prized in Japan. We ate and had a great discussion. My NOW CLIENT WAS SO IMPRESSED, he signed the contract right after his last bite of salad!!

Shu, I sincerely can't thank you enough for your demeanor and professionalism. PLEASE ASK FOR SHU!!!! And Ruth Chris, keep up the consistency in your food quality and hiring practices. I will be a forever customer, for sure, from this day forth.

J. Marie