“Classy...”

Grand America Hotel
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Enjoyed my stay at the Grand America! Clean, classy, and the hotel staff was very nice to accommodate my wife's birthday. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are honored you chose the Grand America Hotel to celebrate your wife’s birthday and delighted the hotel, staff and services were able to contribute to a memorable event.

We thank you for such high praise and look forward to welcoming you back…for any occasion, in the future. In the interim, we remain at your service.

There are newer reviews for Grand America Hotel

Reviewed 16 March 2012

This is indeed a Grand hotel! Excellent facilities, well maintained, luxurious. Most staff are friendly, smiling and welcoming. We stayed for 4 nights in a suite, very very comfortable. The only one problem that detracts from all this Grand glory is: they nickel and dime you to death! I was charged $3.40 for a 1 minute toll free (1-800) call, $2.50 for a pitcher of tap water. When I challenged these exorbitant prices the front desk staff seemed more interested in giving misleading information ("These are AT&T charges...") than in recognizing the unreasonable prices. The General Manager was more understanding, but I don't think it should take a long phone call with the General Manager to address and solve a very simple dispute. It is a shame: an excellent experience that was derailed by these silly high charges. They should simply add $1 to the room rate and I would have been happier.

Room Tip: Suites are great!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rocketleech
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear Mr. Mr. Kapusta,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

I was terribly disappointed and embarrassed to read of the irritation you experienced when attempting to settle your room account. I found it most disconcerting that we had every opportunity to resolve this issue at the time of your departure, but failed to do so.

Your call to the hotel from the airport was taken by our Director of Guest Experience. She was able to bring resolution to this issue for you and she also communicated to me in great detail, your exasperation over the situation. You may be assured an attitude of indifference is not the impression we ever wish to leave with our guests. I sincerely apologize that we failed to execute Grand America service values for you.

Mr. Kapusta, thank you again for your most helpful comments. Having been in this industry for many years I understand the impact our failures can have and honestly hope we have not lost you as a guest. I appreciate you mentioning in your note the many aspects of your stay which were positive and kindly ask that when your travels bring you back to Salt Lake City in the future that you consider returning to the Grand America Hotel. I am certain that your next visit will restore your complete confidence and faith in us. Until then, we will remain at your service.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed for two nights and loved it. Our 12th floor room had wonderful view of the mountains and city. The elegant suite had a very nice sitting room, luxurious bath and dressing room - what you'd expect from any top city hotel. Our first night began with drinks in the cozy (even tho spacious) bar by the fireplace, followed by dinner in hotel restaurant. All great. Room service was prompt and delicious. Enjoyed messages in spa - very nice. Beautiful indoor pool. Staff was attentive throughout stay. Similar to a 4 Seasons in service, elegant decor, and quality. Exceeded expectations!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

We are humbled by such kind remarks and delighted so many features of the Grand America Hotel made an impact on your stay.

It was especially rewarding to learn that the service from our staff compared so favorably within your travel experience. We are honored to have exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again for sharing such valuable feedback. We will look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand America in the future and until then, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed at the Grand America Hotel for 2 nights in Salt Lake City. Beautiful hotel! Great attention given to the hotel guests the minute you pull up in your car. We were upgraded from a room to a suite upon arrival. The room was beautifully decorated with a very comfortable queen bed. The hotel has an indoor and out door pool. Since it is March, the outdoor pool was closed. The indoor pool is huge and warm. Guests do have to pay to use the indoor pool, which I dound upsetting. I don't think guests should have to pay for the pool. But the pool was so nice, that in the end I didn't mind. Nice exercise room, and they give you a robe and slippers to use at your leisure. You also have to pay $15 per night for parking too, which I know is pretty standard, but doesn't really sit well with me. But despite the extra charges, we really enjoyed out stay at the Grand America.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most candid feedback of the Grand America Hotel. We were delighted by your endorsement despite the unfavorable impression left on you by ancillary fees such as spa access and parking.

I found your observations to be objective and fair. We were encouraged to learn that our value proposition by the Grand Spa was high for you. Please be assured we will work hard so that a strong “value for price paid” statement resonates throughout the hotel.

Thank you again for your kind remarks. We hope when your plans call for Salt Lake City in the future that you will once again choose the Grand America Hotel and until then, we will remain at your service.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have to say that the Grand America Hotel is probably the nicest hotel in Salt Lake City, although it is extremely over-priced for it's location. I've spent less money on a hotel and food in New York City than here. The food is greatly overpriced as are the drinks (you also can't drink at this hotel without eating food). I was less happy with the city of Salt Lake which is a boring, drab, grossly unattractive pit stop on the way to bigger and better places. All in all, if you HAVE to stay in Salt Lake City and would like a nice location, I would recommend the Grand American, but I can think of more exciting places to spend your money in Park City and beyond.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank eventjubilee
HotelOps, Director of Hotel Operations at Grand America Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We were sincerely disheartened to learn our pricing model has left such an unfavorable impression with you. I have heard the Grand America Hotel as being higher priced compared to some markets around the country but the New York City markets has never been among them. In general, the size of our smallest guestroom (700 square feet) it's price structure (from $199 to $309) and quality rating (AAA 5-Diamond) transcends most expectations where lodging price/value is concerned.

That being said, I can see you were genuinely disillusioned with our destination. I kindly ask when your business travels once again call for Salt Lake City and the Grand America Hotel that you please seek me out. I am confident that our Concierge and Ambassador team can orchestrate a “free-time” agenda for you that will be directly aligned with your expectations.

Thank you again for your most candid feedback. We will look forward to seeing you back at the Grand America in the future and until then, remain at your service.