“Consistently good food!”

Ranked #35 of 1,500 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Description: Salt Lake's original brew pub since 1989, serving award-winning fresh brewed beers and an eclectic menu filled with pub favorites like fish and chips, bacon wrapped meat loaf and our famous veggie burger. Serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. Private event space for groups from 30- 400.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We always get great food here, and the wait staff is always friendly. We come for breakfast, lunch, and sometimes, dinner. It can be crowded during the predictably busiest times...

1  Thank Claire S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,689)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We recently had dinner here during a quick Spring Break Road Trip in the middle of the week. I give 4 total stars (average of 5 star for service & 3 star for food). Arrived right at 5pm and was seated quickly. Waitress was kind and prompt all the way through the service. I ordered the meatloaf "one of their famous specials" and I really enjoyed that and ate the entire big plate - it was really good. Son 1 ordered the pepperoni pizza and said his was very good. Son 2 ordered fish and chips and wasn't that impressed mentioning that the fish was so breaded it looked like a corn dog - and it did. Husband ordered a sandwich and chose onion rings as side - onion rings were just gross. These were covered in either panko or corn flakes; big flakes and the onion ring turned into paste in your mouth. He ate the sandwich and I'm sure it was fine. There were many choices for beer and wine and that was nice too. When we left about an hour later the place was packed and had people waiting to be seated; so it must be pretty popular. If I returned to SLC to visit, I would probably not return here because there are a lot of options to choose from, but for the type of food my entourage eats - it didn't hit the mark for 2 of them which doesn't bode well.

1  Thank InNeedofaGetaway
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Trades by Squatters Airport Pub. Located in SLC airport, ideal if you are NOT looking for dinner, but rather lighter fare, be it breakfast, lunch or supper. Service is quick and attentive, and the food is fresh, well prepared and reasonably priced. I had a large
club sandwich on sourdough toast; very well prepared. Manu sufficiently broad to
satisfy most American cuisine preferences.

1  Thank Seab67
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Another somewhat non exciting meal at a first time location. The staff was interesting in that some were friendly and some didn’t seem to want to be there. I started with their pretzel a nicely done tasty treat. Then into the ground ahi burger with fries. The fries were plentiful could have been done a bit more but they were okay. The burger was a disappointment as it really wasn’t spiced properly, it was dry and tasteless. The craft beer selection was not up to par and again a disappointment for someone who travels the country tasting the best pub food and craft beer. It was a once and done don’t visit a second time spot for me.

1  Thank wkrupa
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Had to travel to Salt Lake City for my job with my boss. One night, we wanted a place to eat and have a beer or two that wouldn't wipe out our per diem. Searching and comparing places, I found Squatters and it looked really good. It was really good. The atmosphere is relaxed, the food was good and the microbrews were smooooooth. The wait staff was pretty efficient, you didn't have to search around to find your server - ours kept pretty good tabs on us. When we got our bills, could not believe that the meal along with 2 16oz beers was less than $23 a piece. Suggest that you should think about getting there early, though. After 6:00 p.m., it started to get really busy (for a Tuesday night!) and people were standing up at the bar either waiting for a table or just to get something to drink. They didn't seem to mind it, though. If the weather hadn't turned so sloppy the next night (we were on foot), we would have gone back again.

1  Thank Rona P