“Best restaurant for fish”

Market Street Grill
Ranked #55 of 1,493 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 350 South, West Temple
Transit: Public transportation, via TRAX light rail and the Utah Transit Authority coach system, is provided into-and-out of downtown Salt Lake City, with the Gallivan Plaza Station only one-half block from The Grill's front door. Travelers should take advantage of the transit system's "Free Fare Zone" in The Grill's downtown area.
Description: Rated Salt Lake’s finest seafood restaurant, the Market Street Grill has been the unanimous favorite of locals and visitors from around the world. Located in the heart of downtown in the historic 1906 New York Hotel, the Grill is open daily, serving an award-winning breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch with menus that offer something for everyone. Enjoy a free shuttle to-and-from select sporting and arts events when you dine at the Grill. A private dining room is available when reserved ahead. Street and valet parking are available.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I try to get a different fish every time I dine here, and I have yet to be disappointed. The staff is always very, very good, and that makes the experience even better.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

About the best thing this place has going for it is the affordable brunch. Excellent quality and portions. Plenty of big screens and good service.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

As I sit here in my hotel room, I'm eating my leftovers from last night and it's great! (big portions!).
We come to town every year for business for almost 20 years and just discovered the Market Street Grill this week. Ended up eating there three times during the week...two dinners and one lunch! What a great find. Fresh seafood...dynamite oysters...drinks...chowder...big portions and a great atmosphere. Plus super service. We had Sano and Meridee and manager Nick could not have been better to us. We've already told many of our friends who are also here for the expo like us and we'll definitely be back. Thanks, Market Grill. Sorry we're just here once a year!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I'm a native of the Pacific NW and a seafood lover. I was really looking forward to a great night of seafood but was sadly disappointed. I ordered the stuffed sockeye salmon, spinach salad and oyster shooters. The spinach salad was literally a plate of under seasoned, dressed spinach with 3 cherry tomatoes, the sockeye was dry as a bone and very tough as a result. The mash potatoes and veggies accompanying the sockeye all were dry as though they had been sitting under a heat lamp for some time. Not thrilled to pay $28 for that hot mess of a meal. Definitely wont recommend this restaurant. I gave it 3 stars because the oyster shooters were delicious and the decor nice, otherwise the food was a total flop.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped at Market Street for breakfast. Service was perfect: shout out to Joseph. Coffee and juice within minutes of seating. The breakfast was delicious, fresh, nicely prepared did presented. Would definitely return for breakfast next time I am in SLC.