“Mystery Escape Room”

Mystery Escape Room
More attraction details
Owner description: Utah's original live escape room at the Gateway Mall in downtown Salt Lake City. You and a group of 6-12 people test your wits against clues and puzzles to get out of the room in 60 minutes. Each room is themed (Pirate, Spy, Sherlock Holmes, Da Vinci, etc.) and changes throughout the year. See our website for the exciting rooms being featured at this time. Each room experience includes live voice acting from our cast members to help immerse you in the mystery. Can you uncover the mystery and escape the room in one hour?
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We did the mystery escape room with the medium and it was really fun. I loved how all the clues came together. I love the variation of characters, and I love the mediums accent. It was a good amount of time, but not to long and our group has a lot of fun.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,540)
All reviews
in 69 reviews
"tomb"
in 45 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was my first time in my life going to a mystery room, and I had a blast! Bill, our group's tour guide/artist was a trip! We had so much fun trying to figure out how to escape from treasure island and brought memories back of that story.

We'll definitely come back for team building activities.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We did a murder escape room at the Rio grande location in Salt Lake City! We celebrated my friends birthday & had a blast! The medium created the whole game & did an awesome job! We especially loved his accent & ability to really put himself into the game. It was a good time & we highly recommend it!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were a group of 5 friends/family + 2 "strangers" who also joined us. We did the Cthulu room. We were not able to complete all the puzzles in an hour. (I.e., we were in the 80% that didn't finish the game).

The puzzles are hard, and exciting when you solve them. There is a guide who gives you clues, which are very useful, if you listen. The problem is that everyone is so excited they often keep talking when the guide interrupts, so you miss the clues!

The key is to figure out, approximately, what the puzzles are, and then divide into well-balanced groups to try to figure out things simultaneously, rather than everyone working on the same problem. And you need to share information. We had one member who (a) really understood the nature of the problems, and (b) wouldn't share information so the rest of us sat around underutilized while he tried to direct us to help him solve the problems.

I would say that if you can afford it, it would be best to have your own group of 6-10 people who know each other and get a private session.

Two caveats:

1) If you are SENSITIVE TO SCENTS, don't go. The waiting room and antechambers are full of awful artificial scents. Luckily these scents aren't piped into the mystery rooms themselves.

2) If you are older and need READING GLASSES, bring them. The lighting is purposely poor, and there is lots of close-up work required (reading faded symbols, opening padlocks, etc).