“Favorite German Deli Food Anywhere”
Review of Siegfried's Deli

Siegfried's Deli
Ranked #26 of 1,434 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Delicatessen, German
Reviewed 8 April 2017

I love German food and Siegfried's is consistently the best I've eaten anywhere, even in Germany! Have been going there for over 35 years (back then it was Liners SP?). The bratwurst is the best. I've tried other sausages, always go back to the bratwurst. Sauerkraut also delicious and specially prepared on site. Weiner schnitzel, pork steak and the remarkable hot ruebens (corned beef or turkey) all delicious. But my favorite is always the "Bratwurst Dinner" with bratwurst, sauerkraut and cold potato salad. Purple cabbage and hot potato salad also good. A dozen brats, couple of pints each of sauerkraut and cold potato salad for take out makes for a wonderful family barbecue at home, in the canyon or even a meal at Lake Powell. I also love the German (European) chocolates and candies, especially the wide selection of my favorite, Rittersport chocolate bars (mint, cocoanut and marzipan). Always looking for any excuse to be downtown around the lunch hour so I can go to Siegfried's. Dinner as well, once and a while. Try it once and you'll be hooked for life.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

The food is FANTASTIC but the portions are small and a bit pricey. The Sauerkraut is the best I've ever had but I've always left still hungry and not willing to spend more. A must try for anyone looking to shake things up.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Siegfried' is one of my favorite lunch places in Salt Lake City. Their German food is very authentic. They are also a store with everything German that you'd want. Their sauerkraut is outstanding. So often Americans say they don't like sauerkraut but it hasn't been prepared properly. Siegfried's does it right so that it is flavorful and not too sour. I highly recommend their sausages and their Wienerschnitzel.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

After a bit of a wait in line since this place can get busy due to its popularity we were rewarded with a delicious and filling meal of bratwurst, spatzle and red cabbage, which I highly recommend!
They have a large choice of other dishes such as sandwiches, goulash, schnitzel etc
The deli itself is well stocked with meats, breads and other German specialities.
Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

I LOVE Siegfrieds! There really is nothing on their menu that doesn't taste good! My favorite is the goulash with spaetzle and red cabbage!! If I could eat a double portion of the red cabbage and spaetzle I would but sadly their portions are big so I can't!!! The schnitzel is fabulous and cooked very well! If you are in downtown SLC, Siegfried's is a must stop!! There is also a deli and a fun candy section for the kiddos!!