“Sashimi!”

Takeniwa Asian Fusion Bistro
Ranked #467 of 709 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Excellent service and sashimi! The salmon is very fatty----perfectly fatty! We come here 5-6 times/year and have been coming here for over six years. Always a treat!

Reviewed 3 July 2016

I have mixed feelings about Takeniwa - I have been there several times and got very sick after eating there once (as did others). I returned a few times and have been pleased with the food. I was sad to see them discontinue Chinese roast duck (one of the few if not only place to get authentic roast duck in Corpus Christi.) They do have a special and different Chinese menu for the adventurous. You have to ask for the menu.
I still enjoy many dishes here.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Takeniwa has a very elaborate menu...and everything we saw coming out of the kitchen looked extremely good.

My 8 year old daughter loved their Tiger Roll. After we ate here the first evening, she asked if we could there again at the end of our trip. And so we did. My husband and I had their Mabo Tofu, Orange Chicken, and Stir Fried Hofan. Everything we tried had great asian wok flavor; something we dont find too often. (my husband is Chinese) :)

Their service is extremely quick and helpful and I would recommend giving it a try. Even the more americanized chinese dishes (orange chicken) that I seem to like were made fresh and with great flavor.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

My brother lives in Corpus Christi and recommended this restaurant. Well, we have high expectations because we've lived in Asia for 5 years. Our experience was disappointing from the start. We came for lunch and tried a couple appetizers and ordered from the lunch menu. The sweet tea tasted like grape cough syrup - you can tell they use a concentrate. The soft shell crab appetizer was too salty. I ordered the pad thai special, and it too was sweet. Actually, it was sweet and saucy, and pad thai should not be saucy. The restaurant obviously uses a pad thai sauce, which is understandable, but it only takes a few ingredients to make the pad thai 'sauce.' Using a ready-made sauce made the dish heavier than it should be. Whatever sauce they use, it's too sweet, not enough tamarind, and they use way too much. My noodles were swimming on my plate. Also, pad thai does not traditionally come with bell peppers, as this plate did. What was missing from my plate were fresh green onions and bean sprouts. The service was good, though, it'll take a lot for us to come back and try other stuff.

1  Thank Nauts F
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Great bento boxes with several choices. Sushi rolls with choice of soup and salad. And then there are Asian dinners if that's not enough............All of these are at great prices and very filling. Upscale decor, fast service......