“Mishmash of Asian cuisines”

Takeniwa Asian Fusion Bistro
Ranked #467 of 709 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 26 November 2016

The jasmine tea was very mediocre. We asked for a recommendation, and the waiter told us that the dishes on the Chinese section were the most authentic. This was true, the cumin beef was quite good. Good service.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Charged extra for putting bok choy in the shrimp Choy Fun noodles - of which there were 3 small baby bok choy. The noodles tasted of burnt oil. The squid salad was good.

1  Thank april s
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Excellent service and sashimi! The salmon is very fatty----perfectly fatty! We come here 5-6 times/year and have been coming here for over six years. Always a treat!

Reviewed 3 July 2016

I have mixed feelings about Takeniwa - I have been there several times and got very sick after eating there once (as did others). I returned a few times and have been pleased with the food. I was sad to see them discontinue Chinese roast duck (one of the few if not only place to get authentic roast duck in Corpus Christi.) They do have a special and different Chinese menu for the adventurous. You have to ask for the menu.
I still enjoy many dishes here.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Takeniwa has a very elaborate menu...and everything we saw coming out of the kitchen looked extremely good.

My 8 year old daughter loved their Tiger Roll. After we ate here the first evening, she asked if we could there again at the end of our trip. And so we did. My husband and I had their Mabo Tofu, Orange Chicken, and Stir Fried Hofan. Everything we tried had great asian wok flavor; something we dont find too often. (my husband is Chinese) :)

Their service is extremely quick and helpful and I would recommend giving it a try. Even the more americanized chinese dishes (orange chicken) that I seem to like were made fresh and with great flavor.