“Relaxing Stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Beach Lexington/Fajitaville near Condo
Beach
Lexington/Fajitaville near Condo
USS Lexington/Downtown viewed from Balcony
Beach from Balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 10 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Jeffery H
“1240 is a piece of crap”
Reviewed 24 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

This was easily one of the worst places that I have ever stayed. We rented through Chris [--] through airbnb. For some reason I can't write a review on airbnb. Probably because we canceled our reservation and left within 24 hours. The towels were yellow, stained and discolored. The lockbox that the key was in was broken and our host provided the incorrect code so we were locked out until I was able to reach him to get the other code. We paid over $100/night and it was a total ripoff. It's an extremely dirty and noisy area filled. There's no security and it is in an area that definitely needs it. It's not in on the beach, it's on the bay. You're better off going to port Aransas or rockport. We didn't feel comfortable walking anywhere after dark. We also heard scratching in the walls when we were trying to sleep. Clearly there were rodents. Also, the box spring of the bed had a huge hole in it as if an animal had ripped into it. It was just awful. We still haven't been refunded because apparently these issues weren't "severe" enough to warrant a refund.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
14 Aug 2015
I have stayed in this room many times myself as well as about 40 reservations since and none mimicking these complaints. The linen and towels were new from first of the year. Regardless, after 40+ reservations after this one without complaints, the unit was remodeled in July.
Bertram, Texas
Reviewed 2 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: Everything
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
7 Sep 2014
I am at a total loss for this. I work hard to offer a quality product and respond to issues. I responded quickly to your call, offered to help in any way possible. I went out to the condo the next day and did not notice any of the issues and found a couple of dead cockroaches in the closet. That condo has been treated on a weakly basis and it had been recently treated. The payment issues are between you and Flipkey, not me. I canceled your reservation and did not receive any funds from you. The condo is completely cleaned between guests by a housekeeper. Your description of "filth" is completely inaccurate. I am sorry that you chose this forum. While I did not agree with your assessment, nor did the guests who stayed the following day, I still honored it. The guests who stayed in your place in the condo had no complaints whatsoever and are going to be returning guests.
beckc27
Hereford
“Relaxing Stay”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 for a stay in August 2013

We enjoyed the location of the unit to the beach. We had a great view of the beach from the balcony, along with the USS Lexington and the bridge. The A/C worked great, it was always great to walk into a cool room after walking the shoreline and spending the day seeing the sights. The only complaints that I had about the unit, the stove smoked, pans and utensils were dirty, bathroom light did not work(even after changing the light bulb). Freezer smelt like fish. Microwave did not work and did not feel safe using the coffee pot due to it smelling like hot plastic. Over all the stay was great and the complaints were not enough to ruin our stay. Chris was very helpful through the booking process. I will definitely book with Chris again!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The View
Liked least: Cleanliness of Kitchen utensils and cookware
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
23 Aug 2014
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! The AC better work as it is new from July of this year!:-) I have addressed the oven issue with my cleaning crew and should not be a problem moving forward. Later this year all of the cookware should be replaced. I hope you decide to stay again next year!
LeilantMa...
Chelsea, Oklahoma
“Amazing!! Just as advertised!!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Awesome location! Chris was super helpful if you took the time to ask him for help! My husband and I stayed here for the majority of our honeymoon. It is really right off the beach. Your car is parked in a gated area. The condos have their own gate to the beach. My husband and I walked to various places like Pier 99 (definitely try that place it was amazing - best food we had on our honeymoon) and of course the Lexington! We had an amazing view from the balcony and we could clearly see the bridge that changed colors! :) It was a nice stay. Everything was clean when we arrived, no funky smells, or anything like that! We would stay there again!! My only complaint, was the stove in the kitchen wasn't super balanced and I cooked each breakfast and dinner. Other than that - AWESOME!!!! And as I said, I would stay there again, unbalanced stove and all. :)
Leila and Jorel

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
23 Aug 2014
Thanks for staying! I hope you decide to visit again!
TX
Reviewed 21 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
23 Aug 2014
Thanks for staying and hope to see you again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing