All reviews hi express room was clean walking distance front desk staff free breakfast definitely stay here again excellent hotel resaca hie bedding walmart mall
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable. Good parking. Near the motorway but tucked behind some other buildings so road noise is not an issue. It's more straight forward than it is glamorous. I have used this hotel for business trips to Matamoros Mexico. Will use again, each time I'm I'm the area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Hotel is in a great location and surrounded by great restaurants. The breakfast food was dried out and very stale. The bath tub was very old and worn out. The room was not very clean. This hotel has so much potential. Nice staff.

Room Tip: Check out room after checking in
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank rboykins71
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Hi rboykins71,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that each guest stay is an excellent one. I am glad to learn you liked our location and staff.

I am so sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations about the breakfast and condition of the bath tub. Your feedback will be shared with our management teams so we may work towards improving the areas that you have noted.

Again, many thanks for your review. We hope to see you again soon and make your say as best as it can be.

Connie D

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Disappointing this time around. Check in was good but the bathroom had women’s hair in the tub and the floor. My pillow case and sheets had long hair on it too. I was tired from driving did not want to move rooms had to go the desk to get clean linen.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Hi Michael M,

I realize that you have many options when it comes to lodging, and I appreciate you choosing our property.

I am sorry for not keeping up with your standards in terms of the cleanliness of he bathroom and bed. Your comments will definitely reach the general management and Housekeeping Supervisor of the property for actions to be taken to improve guests' satisfaction and avoid the same thing from happening again. We welcome and take feedback seriously and I thank you for your time sharing this with us.

Your loyalty matters and until your next visit, we would love to show you the better version of our services.

Many thanks,

Anne A

Reviewed 20 March 2018

This hotel is located on a canal and has great views from the hotel. The breakfast was decent and the hotel staff is friendly. The room was clean, but very dark. There is not enough lighting in the room. Also, the outside spa was not working. When we complained to the hotel staff for the second time, we were told that the water in the spa was hot, but the jets were not working. This is not a spa......

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the canal. We booked a suite facing the canal and it was nice.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hello Bill O,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and location great. On the other hand, I am sorry to read about your disappointment with our spa tub. I appreciate the feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

When we're traveling to new places without time to do any research and want the guarantee of a good night's sleep, an easy stay, we book HI Express. The bedding is excellent, the rooms comfortable and clean, the staff well-trained, accommodating and kind. The free breakfast usually has enough options that a healthy meal is possible. This HIE was one of the nicer ones we've stayed in with large public spaces, but the worst wifi of anyplace, anywhere we've ever stayed. We were rarely able to access the internet, and when we got on, the speed was so slow that we could only check mail and load text on one of our newspapers. One morning we found ourselves with lightning fast speed, but it lasted only half an hour. We were told it was because so many guests were accessing wifi, but the parking lot was only half full two of our four days. It might be the result of a local infrastructure problem, so maybe the staff should note that on check-in.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple