All reviews front desk complimentary breakfast is mini kitchen wide selection laundry room stayed for nights hot dogs very nice hotel a great stay the hotel staff housekeeping hallway
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Was there for 2 days... i like the set-up of the hotel, it's clean, staff are friendly and approachable.
I like that it is very close to all the places that you want to visit there!
Definitely my new favorite hotel!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2018

I usually read the hotel bad reviews first and always concluded that people write bad reviews because bad hotel experiences, but usually is bad staff service or issues with rooms, but I have to tell you I loved this hotel and now it was the worst stay of mi life, Ill bullet the issues I had:

1. Booked a king bed suite...Was upgraded to a Queen been suite!! Yep with extra living room space...but still a queen...Later I found out there weren't king size suites when we arrived.
2. Housekeeping did not make the room the first night...we left at 12pm
3. Hotel AC was not working or it was always off..asked for them to turn on the second floor general AC system...never happened..I was really hot on the corridors
4. Breakfast bread container had a nasty bug the first morning
5. Blueberry muffins had fungus the third morning
6. Room carpet needed a full cleanup..mi kids socks turn black from white
7. Asked for hotel manager and it was not on duty until the 26th of December..

I also contacted IHG customer service and I still haven't received any comments from them or the hotel...of course I asked for a full refund...quality guarantee least they could do.

It is a shame because It used to be a very good hotel, stayed several times and never had an issue. They are renovating the rooms and hopefully service and quality will return...

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AVILLASAC
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 1 week in December 2017 and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel.

When I checked in, the room I was given felt slightly uncomfortable and the bath had permanent rust on it. But the lady at reception immediately moved me to another room which was far better and was a very nice and comfortable room. As a result, I had a really good week at the hotel.

The lobby areas are spacious and have many comfortable seats.

The breakfast is quite limited to 4 cereals, fruit, egg and bacon. It would be great if there were more options.

The Homewood by Hilton Suites (which my parents stayed at last year) has dinner every evening which is not advertised. Staybridge has food 3 evenings per week but it is very basic (example of hot dogs and salad last week). But that is not advertised and is an extra, so I shouldn't complain.

The staff are very friendly and helpful.

All in all, a very nice hotel and I would recommend it.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

One of the BEST HOTELS we've been too, today is our second night and so far, the staff has been super friendly. The pool, gym, laundry room and hallways along with the cafe area are extremely clean. Room service is available as soon as you call front desk and breakfast is delicious!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MariGlz
Reviewed 9 August 2017

This hotel is your standard cookie-cutter hotel. The suites do contain a mini-kitchen which is convenient if you plan on cooking during your stay. The small sleeper sofa is comfortable for 1 adult. The complimentary breakfast is subpar compared to other hotel chains that offer is perk. Nothing outstanding in my opinion and it served its purpose for a quick weekend getaway to attend a wedding.

Room Tip: Try to get a room far away from the elevator
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve N
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hi Steve N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we appreciate your fair individual ratings toward the level of service rendered by our hotel staff members including the quality of sleep you have had, it is regrettable to learn that you only found our hotel to be at its average best. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Rest assured, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.