“A great place to relax”
Full Kitchen
Open Plan Living Space
Down Stream
Adobe Chapel Nearby
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Merrill S
Edmond, Oklahoma
“A great place to relax”
Reviewed 31 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Just returned from a relaxing getaway to Pecos, NM. We stayed 4 nights at Hummingbird Cabin. We had already done our "vacation thing" earlier in the summer. We were looking for a location to just relax and do very little. Hummingbird Cabin in the SantaFe NF, just north of the village of Pecos, NM, fit the bill. Quiet, peaceful, and picturesque describe this property. It sits on the bank of the Pecos River. The owners, who we saw maybe 10 minutes our whole stay, provide everything you need...and then some. The cabin is small but first class. I can't imagine anyone who is simply looking for a quiet getaway not liking this property. We drove 540 miles to get to it and would do so again in heartbeat. We played cards in the gazebo, cooked steaks on the outside grill, took a nap in the hammock, watched the humminbirds feed all day long, read books on the bench beside the rushing river, and even saw a black bear further up the canyon. A lovely place in one of my favorite locations.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: no TV, but talking to my wife was not so bad
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
OK

Luxury-minded travelers
TX
Reviewed 26 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$159
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing