“Navajo Taco FTW!”

Painted Desert Diner
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We started our tour of the park at the south end, and I was starving by the time we arrived here to eat. This is a cafeteria style diner with Route 66 and Painted Desert/Petrified Forest decor. I had the Navajo Taco, basically a taco on fry-bread instead of a tostada, and it was worth the wait! The rest of the family had burgers, or veggie burgers, which were well received. They do offer vegetarian options, and had butternut squash soup in addition to a veggie burger. Great way to end the tour of the park!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We were touring the Petrified Forest & decided to stop & have something to eat before we continued on our RT 66 road trip. I wasn't that hungry so I only had a hot dog but it was big & very good ($4.50) while my husband decided to try the Navajo Taco. It was great & very big ($7.95). Definitely worth the stop.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We were just passing through and ate here before driving the park. Good food. Not bad prices. Good facility.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I was mostly expecting cheap, easy to make gift shop cafeteria food. I was pleasantly surprised. Their soup of the day was full of flavor and the Navajo taco specialty was fantastic. The fry bread they serve this with puts tacos on a whole new level! If you are hungry and thinking about waiting to find a place after you leave the park, consider sticking around for an affordable, delicious meal.

Margaret K, General Manager at Painted Desert Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you for stopping and eating at our cafe. The Navajo Tacos are one of my favorite items too!

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Most of the food is ok but the Pulled Pork sandwich rocks! We should have eaten just that! Good place to stop with no other options around.

Margaret K, General Manager at Painted Desert Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thanks for stopping and having lunch with us. The Pulled Pork Sandwich is one of my favorite items - tasty and filling!

Been to Painted Desert Diner? Share your experiences!