“Good for lunch”
Review of Whole Hog Cafe

Whole Hog Cafe
Ranked #261 of 1,870 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Description: Whole Hog Cafe and Catering Company serve you and your friends our award winning Memphis style BBQ. Our smoked meats and traditional sides are prepared daily and have pleased BBQ lovers for over 25 years.
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We only had lunch here but I do believe they are open for dinner. Great BBQ. The pulled pork was so tender and delicious. I would recommend this place to any meat eater.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

This location has a certain charm that the others don’t. Along with BBQ perfection, the ambiance is fantastic! Downtown views, urban appeal, amazing food you can’t lose! If you are ready for something different in the world of BBQ, try the pulled pork nachos. So much flavor and satisfaction. Would recommend.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

A client selected this location and I arrived a little early for a 11:30 lunch. Virtually vacant. But a small lunch crowd filtered in. You order and pay at the counter and serve yourself drinks from the machine. I’m always impressed when they have Coke Zero. So many only have Diet Coke. I had a baked potato smothered with pulled pork. It was delivered to the table. Very nicely done. A variety of BBQ sauces from mild to spicy are available at the table. This is an old place that’s been through many different restaurants in the last 50 years. Looked like relatively new booths. Very comfortable. But the storefront sported some busted windows which were taped over. An unfortunate artifact of downtown Central Avenue in Albuquerque.

1  Thank jeffdD785WW
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Found this place while looking for places to eat in Albuquerque. Pulled up and noticed the outside wasn't much but the food was outstanding. Great ribs, pulled pork, brisket, and chicken. Nothing disappointed and the service was amazing. Definitely a must if you're looking for BBQ in Albuquerque.

1  Thank Quinton S
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Over a period of six months, I tried the brisket, the pulled pork, the sausages and the chicken. Travelers can choose the sauce that' most to their liking, which I appreciate. The sides I liked best were the mac and cheese, the potato salad and the beans. Reasonably priced, interesting 50's decor, low-key, just really good at what they do.