“Please Do Not Stay Here”

Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque
Ranked #102 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 25 October 2016

This place is really run down, dirty and scary. And normally we would NEVER stay here but the Balloon Festival was going on and it was only more reasonably priced place we could find. There are people living in this motel, need I say more. They sit outside their rooms/apartment drinking at night. It's just dirty and scary.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Dear Michele H,
Thank you for sharing your experience, and I apologize if you did not feel that our housekeeping met your own standards of cleanliness, though our own standards are very high and include checking up to ensure that rooms are as clean as can be. We want you to experience the best value for your money, to feel comfortable, and to have your expectations exceeded; I hope that this will be the case during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

My wife and I were traveling through Albuquerque to visit friends in New Mexico. Since I was separating from the military we had our cat. The website says "pet friendly" all over it, and has several signs in the lobby to the same effect. Their policy is actually "dogs only," which you have view the list of all hotel policies to discover. When we checked in that night everything was fine, but after the shift change someone on the staff saw our cat sitting in the window and called the room to tell us that wasn't allowed. It was pretty early, we were both asleep, and we agreed to have the room inspected when we checked out later that morning. Honest mistake, not a very informative website.

When my wife went to talk to the office as I was packing the car, the man working the desk, Chris, was immediately hostile and told my wife we were going to have to pay additional fees for "sneaking" the cat in against hotel policy. My wife said the hotel website said "pet friendly" and he argued that it only said dogs, and that we should have seen the signs in the office. The office signs don't say "dogs only" anywhere, and when I asked him to show me what sign he meant he walked his statement back and claimed he was talking about the website. The exchange escalated until he told my wife, "Don't stay here again. We don't need your money." My wife was pretty upset and I asked her to wait in the car with our cat who, incidentally, had done no damage to the room. Eventually he showed me the webpage that lists the "pet friendly" policy as "dogs only" and then he charged me an additional night of the pet fee, which was only $12, which I paid and we left.

Now, we had already paid the Knights Inn pet fee for the night we stayed, were honestly misinformed about their pet policy (with the vague "pet friendly" written everywhere we assumed they were friendly toward pets, our bad), and their employee was ridiculously rude and hostile over a $12 fee that he essentially just made up. I contacted Wyndham resorts, who is the corporate owner of Knights Inn (Chris told me I should, because they would agree with him) because I was hoping we could work out a resolution. I never heard back from them, hence this review.

If you want a fairly cheap hotel, with somewhat aging facilities, and a staff with a weirdly aggressive, god-complex surrounding their pet policy Knights Inn will probably work out for you. If you'd like a nice hotel, with friendly staff who won't accuse you of cat smuggling at 7:00 in the morning, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Chris J, General Manager at Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience! We believe there was a misunderstanding with our front desk. We have taken from this action to display and pronounce our pet policy a lot better to display we do not allow cats.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Knights Inn as a last minute change. For the price we booked i was alittle concerned and from knowing the area it was in. We arrived early and the young man at check in explained the rooms werent ready yet but he will see what he could do. He told us to come back in an hour and he will have one ready. Granted we tried to check in at 11am. So it was understandable. We came back and he had a room ready. He was so nice and so was the owner. The rooms were nicely done and i loved the beds and especially the sheets. I work in a major hotel chain and let me say. I give them a thumbs up. I was really blown away at the customer service and condition of the room. I dont know what those other reviewers are saying but this place gets my approvel. A+++++++ I will be back when im back in Albuquerque from NYC.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear newyorkcityboy99,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you have rated our hospitality and accommodations so highly! Hearing about how our efforts to give you a pleasant and accommodating experience have been successful is very rewarding for every member of our staff and management team. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Clean and neat! Worth the money we paid for $99
Will definitely go back.
Great for place to stay when touring the city.
Friendly staff too.they even gave us tips on diner to eat and places to visit.
My family and I got the 2 twin beds for $99 a day

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you very much for the compliments you give to our hotel! We value our customer's experience that is why we always make sure that our facilities are in good shape to provide our customers the best we can offer in a reasonable price. It means a lot to us that you've allowed us to be such an important part of your family vacation and we thank you for sharing your experience!

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Booked online and found it to be not at all what was expected. I checked in to get out of the 103 degree heat and that was a mistake! It took over 2 hours to get the room livable! Then, found out they charge for ice! They were very small rooms. For a hotel that marked its price down from over $100 to 45, I guess we know why. The manager was rude the desk clerk was rude. Nothing good to say about this place except maybe location. 2 day stay and would never recommend it to an enemy.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo

Dear fumanhue,

Your review is greatly appreciated, though it is very disappointing to learn of the bad impression we made with the state of our accommodations. I am very displeased to hear that anyone was treated with rudeness or that any misunderstandings regarding your booking were not addressed in a professional manner. The standard procedure in such cases is to confer with management regarding what can be done to resolve the issue, as our staff is not authorized to make decisions