“Very well run property. Good location on Route 66 (Central Ave ) for public transportation.”

Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque
Ranked #101 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 15 July 2017

A nice family run hotel. Chris, the owner, is very hands on and will offer advice freely to help with local queries.

Robert, at the front desk is methodical and available to help with other things besides check in (unlocking pool for access, demonstrating the coffee machine in your room for example )

Well sized rooms. Clean and maintained to a high level. Great value for money!

Nice pool. Good burgers at nearby Holy Cow

We always felt safe and comfortable here - home away from home! Stayed 10 days in total over 40 days.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear alibaz99,

Thank you so much for sharing your review and giving us an honest look at the guest experience in our hotel.I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! We are delighted by your compliments, rating and review of our high housekeeping and hospitality of our staff. Your thorough review is greatly appreciated! We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I have never used the word "disgusting" to describe a hotel room before (and I travel a lot) but this one deserves the phrase. Probably because we brought our non-shedding dog with us, we were given a small, dark, and decrepit room. We booked online at one rate because this was listed as a pet friendly hotel, and then when we arrived we discovered they would not honor that rate but charged us an additional $15 PER NIGHT for our room. Since it was 9 at night and we were tired, we accepted the higher rate (now about the rate for a nice Baymont or Hampton Inn) but instead we got the room from hell. The carpet was sticky, the "armchair" so dirty I did not want to sit in it, the bedding was old and frayed but the worst were the stained and tattered towels in the bathroom. No screen on the dirty and peeling bathroom window, and a big slit under the front door leading to security concerns. There was only one small misplaced overhead light and one small sconce right below it, which meant only one tiny corner of the room could be illuminated at night. If the curtains were open for light, there was absolutely no privacy. The room was so small that only one person at a time could traverse between the bed and door, bed and bathroom, etc. There were no amenities in the room at all beyond one tiny bar of soap and a coffeemaker.

When i asked for a price adjustment and clean towels, I was treated very rudely and got no price reduction (though I did manage to get a better towel after showing them the one in the room). My advice -- steer clear of this place because you are really taking your chances here. Other people apparently got MUCH better rooms and prices than my family did.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear gingerpye1,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. Your concerns regarding the level of cleanliness and outdated condition of the facility will be addressed accordingly. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve. Kind regards.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

Good value for the price. Okay, this place isn't for everyone but I'm surprised at some of the negative reviews here. It's very clean, centrally located if you need to be near downtown, and it's much quieter than you might expect being by a busy road. I heard not much car noise & heard nothing from the other rooms. There are a few good restaurants nearby and the #66 bus stop (Nob Hill, Old Town etc) is right in front. I was here once before when it was still called the Stardust and it is definitely improved as a Knights Inn. The king bed was VERY comfortable! I like that they don't do that crazy "modern" thing where the bed is overloaded with what always seems like 9 comforters and 15 extra pillows (yikes, where are you supposed to put all that stuff, on the floor?) - the bed was fine with just 2 blankets & 3 pillows. The only area where I agree with the negative reviews is... the free breakfast is not much, rock-hard inedible pastries, but fortunately I really like cornflakes! Have a real New Mexico breakfast somewhere else. (Minor gripe: I appreciate that they're obsessive about unplugging the coffee maker, but it DOES have automatic shut-off anyway, and the outlet is in an almost inaccessible location and a real hassle to plug back in!) Staff were all pretty nice, no problems.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Dear KJ401,
Thank you so much for sharing your review and giving us an honest look at the guest experience in our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! We are delighted by your compliments, rating and review of our high housekeeping and hospitality standards. Your thorough review is greatly appreciated! We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

This place is really run down, dirty and scary. And normally we would NEVER stay here but the Balloon Festival was going on and it was only more reasonably priced place we could find. There are people living in this motel, need I say more. They sit outside their rooms/apartment drinking at night. It's just dirty and scary.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Dear Michele H,
Thank you for sharing your experience, and I apologize if you did not feel that our housekeeping met your own standards of cleanliness, though our own standards are very high and include checking up to ensure that rooms are as clean as can be. We want you to experience the best value for your money, to feel comfortable, and to have your expectations exceeded; I hope that this will be the case during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

My wife and I were traveling through Albuquerque to visit friends in New Mexico. Since I was separating from the military we had our cat. The website says "pet friendly" all over it, and has several signs in the lobby to the same effect. Their policy is actually "dogs only," which you have view the list of all hotel policies to discover. When we checked in that night everything was fine, but after the shift change someone on the staff saw our cat sitting in the window and called the room to tell us that wasn't allowed. It was pretty early, we were both asleep, and we agreed to have the room inspected when we checked out later that morning. Honest mistake, not a very informative website.

When my wife went to talk to the office as I was packing the car, the man working the desk, Chris, was immediately hostile and told my wife we were going to have to pay additional fees for "sneaking" the cat in against hotel policy. My wife said the hotel website said "pet friendly" and he argued that it only said dogs, and that we should have seen the signs in the office. The office signs don't say "dogs only" anywhere, and when I asked him to show me what sign he meant he walked his statement back and claimed he was talking about the website. The exchange escalated until he told my wife, "Don't stay here again. We don't need your money." My wife was pretty upset and I asked her to wait in the car with our cat who, incidentally, had done no damage to the room. Eventually he showed me the webpage that lists the "pet friendly" policy as "dogs only" and then he charged me an additional night of the pet fee, which was only $12, which I paid and we left.

Now, we had already paid the Knights Inn pet fee for the night we stayed, were honestly misinformed about their pet policy (with the vague "pet friendly" written everywhere we assumed they were friendly toward pets, our bad), and their employee was ridiculously rude and hostile over a $12 fee that he essentially just made up. I contacted Wyndham resorts, who is the corporate owner of Knights Inn (Chris told me I should, because they would agree with him) because I was hoping we could work out a resolution. I never heard back from them, hence this review.

If you want a fairly cheap hotel, with somewhat aging facilities, and a staff with a weirdly aggressive, god-complex surrounding their pet policy Knights Inn will probably work out for you. If you'd like a nice hotel, with friendly staff who won't accuse you of cat smuggling at 7:00 in the morning, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Chris J, General Manager at Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience! We believe there was a misunderstanding with our front desk. We have taken from this action to display and pronounce our pet policy a lot better to display we do not allow cats.