“Poor coffee ”

Ranked #313 of 1,852 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Description: The Daily Grind is a locally owned restaurant in Albuquerque, New Mexico serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in a relaxed, bright surrounding atmosphere. We also offer full service catering. Chef Leah Purucker has created a menu of home-style classics with an original upscale twist. Come in and enjoy a meal with one of our homemade fresh bake goods and specialty coffee drinks.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been to the daily grind on many occasions, but this is the first time that I can say their coffee is not good. We all four ordered coffee and I ordered a hazelnut latte which I have had here before. All four coffees were lukewarm and had to be sent back. I could not taste any hazelnut in my latte at all. Very poor quality coffee which makes me wonder about the skill of the barista.

My wife ordered toast and eggs which she also found to be of poor quality, eggs not hot and prepared with no creativity in mind like having a orange slice on the plate.

Clearly, there was a lack of management attention on Saturday morning to the quality of the food/drink.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

A neighborhood establishment in a commercial retail development just off I-40 West near the San Mateo exit, this venture tries but ultimately fails in it's execution of both dinner and service. We ordered the parmesan-crusted chicken and the pork chop as our entrees. The chicken worked, well-prepared moist breast of chicken with decent flavor and scratch-made mashed potatoes. The pork chop fell well short. A dry, tough, relatively thin chop with little flavor served with a bland polenta. Uninspired and uninspiring. We did enjoy a cup of very well made soup (I believe they called it a chicken enchilada). Loaded with chicken, nicely seasoned and piping hot; a winner. There appeared to be only one server on a recent Wednesday night for this ten to twelve table establishment. While the restaurant was not full, it was doing what I considered to be a relatively brisk business and as such our server wasn't very attentive. After a comparatively long wait, we attempted to inquire about the status of our soup; instead of listening to us, our server interrupted our polite inquiry by saying he would check with the kitchen on our entrees. When I informed him we were more concerned about our soup, his reaction made it plain he had forgotten about that aspect of our order. We were also not offered dessert or coffee after our meal but were presented with our check as he cleared our entrees. Not professional. We still tipped him a 20% of the total bill because of the staffing situation previously mentioned in this review. In short, this place has management issues it needs to address (i.e. staffing, level of service, etc.) if it wants to be the place I think it aspires to be. Dinner for two without alcohol (they have beer and wine I believe) or dessert was about $35.00.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Went for dinner last night with my husband and granddaughter, age 10. She ordered the Swiss melt burger and sweet potatoes fries. Just delicious and a good buy! On the other hand, my husband and I each ordered the Fish tacos. Each order included two tacos at a cost of $14 per person. The fish was dry and cold. If we hadn't been pressed for time, I would have sent my plate back.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Nice place,small menu excellent food. Stay all day if you like. Overhead doors for good weather and outdoor seating

Reviewed 15 July 2017

At first visit, I was absolutely delighted by the quality of my capuccino, the danish (flaky with fresh fruit) and the service (fast, attentive and kind), so I brought more family to the place for breakfast. The second time around, the food was not as good as I expected: egg was good, but the chili was left out of my bagel, and the server forgot my avocado. This time, the capuccino was not as well prepared either, but the place still has its charm. Great, breezy interior and tables also available outside. Dogs have treats and water outside, but some size limits apply. The bathrooms are clean and gender neutral. The place is not easy to find, but it has plenty of room to park. Looks like a great place for breakfast, lunch, early dinner and a drink, but the quality of food may vary and the service can be slow.