“OMFG Talk about having a religious experience!!!”

Mr. Powdrell's Barbeque House
Ranked #222 of 1,811 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

The food was heaven I had the half slab of ribs macaroni and cheese and coleslaw the coleslaw was rich and creamy, delicious and the macaroni was cheeeeeesy!!! If I'm ever back in Albuquerque New Mexico I will definitely come back!!!!

Reviewed 14 October 2015

The total dining experience was just wonderful the staff, starting with the hostess, waiter and the way food was prepared and cooked was just priceless. Tried the fried Mac and cheese for the first time in my life as a appetizer and was just delicious.
Barbeque was tender and full of flavor, including the sauce…
All you Ballon Fiesta loves have to try this next year while you are there…

Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

Probably the best meal we have had in the entire US! Amazing barbecue, great sides and such a nice service!! Not only the owner was extremely nice and told us about the family owned place that has been in the family for generations, but the moment he heard we are from abroad he gave us every side that's classic southern and we didn't order on the house, and the where all great!

Reviewed 23 July 2015

I've eaten several times at Powdrell's at two different locations both at the house on 4th street (very charming) and at the location on Central. I'm from Texas so I'm very picky about my BBQ. It just doesn't seem to have enough flavor for me. The cobbler is great. Go to Rudy's.

1  Thank Nora C
Reviewed 22 April 2015

Totally chose this place at random during my latest Route 66 trek. It was established in the 1940s and part of the original family still runs it. Plenty of choices and you can get them as entrees, sandwiches or mini-platters. I had the pulled chicken with beans, cornbread and mashed potatoes. While all of it was very good, for some reason I LOVED the potatoes. Go figure! They were creamy and with a bit of butter and salt (I chose to skip the gravy), I could have had them for dinner! Big return business and very popular with the locals.