“Golden Pride rocks”

Golden Pride BBQ Chicken
Ranked #255 of 1,811 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 11 August 2016

They always have great fresh food. Their Chicken is crisp and tender, almost as good as Mom's. BBQ ribs smell & taste so good my mouth watering right now. Burritos are the best I've found anywhere. They are very quick on the drive through window, but I normally go inside. Always clean, especially restrooms. They have locations all over Albuquerque and while they're normally busy I never wait long. I got hungry all over again just thinking about Golden Pride...

Reviewed 4 August 2016

I came to Albuquerque for work-related purposes, and I'd received several recommendations that I have a meal at least once at Golden Pride. Admittedly, the restaurant's name and ubiquitous presence about town didn't really pique my interest, but I decided to give it a try anyway. Golden Pride seems to have a strange mash-up of a menu--they offer breakfast all day, which is largely comprised of southwestern breakfast burritos, barbecued ribs, fried chicken, burgers and fries, and New Mexican cuisine. Basically, anything you might want to eat between here and Texas less the steaks, Golden Pride's got it. I decided to take advantage of the all-day breakfast menu and have the number 11--a breakfast burrito with sausage, egg, green chile, and hash browns inside of a tortilla, though I ordered my hashbrowns on the side. (Hashbrowns INSIDE the tortilla seems to be the preferred method here in the Southwest, but coming from the East Coast, I'm not really a fan.) Honestly, for as much as people talked about Golden Pride and insisted that it's an Albuquerque must, I wasn't impressed. My food wasn't terrible, but it also wasn't great. It was prepared fresh, hot, and as ordered, so there were no problems with that. It just didn't stand out in my mind for any reason. The customer service at Golden Pride was good--nothing to complain about--but no one really went above and beyond or out of their way either. All in all, I really just had an average visit at Golden Pride. I wouldn't discourage anyone from going especially if you're dining on a budget. (Hey, I did get dinner for right around $5...) Though I will say that on your list of places to dine during an extended visit to the area, I'd rate this as a lower priority. For shorter visits, consider one of Albuquerque's many other great places to eat.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

I stopped here for lunch to try some green chilis. It has both sit in and take out. I chose to eat there. I had a burrito with green chili. It was freshly made and delicious. It is a bit soupy so they give you a fresh flour tortilla. I would come back again to try other dishes if I lived here.

The take out was very busy when I was here. Being right next to the University may have been why.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

This is the best spot for a well proportioned breakfast burrito (and the fried chicken is way fresher and less greasy than KFC!)

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed the two piece chicken meal. Sides were passable, but the chicken and BBQ sauce was quite good. Would definitely recommend as a late night snack.