“Authentic NEW Mexican Food”
Review of Ortegas

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ortegas
Ranked #376 of 1,921 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 November 2016

I found this small shop on Trip advisor and I was not disappointed. The service was fast, the food was HOT and FRESH. I was given options of popular items and went with the one that included the tamale, rellenos and enchilada. The green and red chili was great with the red being spicier.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Don't take your friends here for atmosphere; bring them for the best Mexican food in town. It's a simple place in a strip mall, but the friendly owners and tasty food make up for the lack of aura.

We were in a group of 19 people one evening; everybody agreed that the various combination plates were super, and the whole wheat sopapillas were to die for.

Two nights later 7 of us returned just as they were closing up. The owner and staff greeted us with open arms and smiles, welcoming us back. We were surprised that they remembered us! They graciously stayed open late to feed us, and the food was just as delicious.

One woman left her purse hanging on the back of the chair and didn't realize it until we had returned to the hotel. She called and they stayed there until she returned to pick it up; they had already called the person who had made the reservation for the larger dinner and left a message that the purse was there.

It just doesn't get any better than this!

Reviewed 22 September 2016

My husband found this gem. I can't believe I've lived here two decades and did not know about this place. It is a small, independent that has been here 30 years! I drive by it all the time yet just visited for the first time. This is a MUST try. I ordered the chili with brisket! OMG! I will probably order this entree on every visit. I will even order it to go on Sundays to enjoy during Football season.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

I drove by this hole in the wall every weekend on the way to my kid football games. I thought it looked like a good place to get some authentic Mexican. We grabbed take out one night and the food was great. The queso dip was delicious and spicy. The chips were fresh and homemade. The entree's were also good. Since we got take out the sopapillas were not as good, but that's probably just because they were pakced in Styrofoam boxes for 20 minutes. The ones I saw being delivered at the tables while I waited looked great. This place feels like a family restaurant, very casual and outdated, but good food.

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

After driving all day, my family and I wanted a Mexican food dinner. We found Ortega's on Trip Advisor, and decided to give it a try. This restaurant is in a small strip of stores. The menu did not have a large selection of meals, but everything we had was good, and the prices were good as well. They do not have regular margaritas, but they have wine margaritas, whatever that is. My wife had a corona, and I had water. The two servers who were working were very attentive and friendly. Rudy, the owner introduced himself to me, and we had a nice chat. I would recommend Ortega's if you are looking for a good meal and a good price.