“Our second time here!”

Pueblo Harvest Cafe
Ranked #27 of 1,799 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Near North Valley
Description: Located inside the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, Pueblo Harvest Cafe is a full-service restaurant known for its extraordinary Native fusion fare that incorporates traditional Pueblo flavors into contemporary cooking. Visitors can experience the tradition of Pueblo hospitality while dining among original works of Native American art or enjoy patio dining with breathtaking views of the Sandia Mountains. Pueblo Harvest also hosts live music every weekend year-round with gourmet horno baked pizza. Pueblo Harvest Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch, happy hour and dinner Monday through Saturday and for brunch on Sundays.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent service! Our waiter was prompt without being a pest. The food was spectacular; I had Tribal trout; we shared a creme brule trio; very tasty! The atmosphere is cozy yet a bit sophisticated.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stopped by for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon after watching the White Mountain Apache Crown Dancers. The setting was quiet and pleasant. My waitress started out quite reserved but engaged more as her visits at the table increased while my meal was brought out. I learned that the restaurant has a new chef, so I do not know if this is a new menu (my mother used to talk about this restaurant 15 and 20 years ago, but I have never eaten at it). My waitress did tell me, though, that she really enjoys this new chef's food that he serves.

I ordered the Sumac Roasted Snap Peas as my appetizer and Santa Ana Enchiladas made Jemez style for my main course. The portions were huge and there was so much left over, I took it home to have another two meals.

I really enjoyed my meal. I had been on a trip to Orlando where Tobasco sauce seemed to be the spice of choice, so I was missing some real New Mexican food and Pueblo Harvest did not disappoint. The Sumac Roasted Snap Peas had a smattering of lime juice which really brought out the flavor of the snap peas. That alone could have seriously been my entire meal. It was so good.

I typically have green chile with my meal, because I do not like the way most people make red chile. Red child came with this enchilada, though, and I was pleasantly surprised and delighted at how wonderful the red chile was. Every other chef in NM needs to learn to make it the way that the chef at Pueblo Harvest makes the red chile. The Pueblo Beans and Calabacitas (squash mixture) were also very good.

Jemez style meant that a large flour tortilla was used instead of a corn tortilla. It was huge, tasty and filling. I plan to go back someday just to see what it looks like with a regular corn tortilla. I will also order a fried egg to go on top of the enchilada.

This meal was a little bit more price than one would find at a fast food place but as I mentioned earlier, there was so much food, it was actually like getting 2 or 3 meals.

I highly recommend the Pueblo Harvest Cafe.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Diego was wonderful! The best server they have! Loved the food and personal attention we received! The tacos were wonderful and the salsa excellent. There were 10 different pizza on the patio all you can eat for $10.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Had dinner here with some colleagues. We arrived and were sat down with no waiter or waitress even approaching us for the first 20 minutes. We almost got up and walked out.... and should have trusted our instincts. We ordered cocktails and they were out of mostly everything. They couldn't even make a Moscow mule.

I ordered the green chili stew which was a colossal disappointment. Even the tortilla that came with it was cold and not worth the calories. The highlight was the sweet potato fries my colleague ordered. Honestly, all of our food tasted like it was made 5 hours prior to service.

This experience was made worse by the copious amount of fruit flies (I think) buzzing around our table the entire meal. Everything took forever from start to finish. They had an event outside but there were very few tables occupied inside and a ton of staff. I could understand if they were busy but they were not. This was not the kind of dining experience I was expecting whatsoever for the asking prices.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

this restaurant is located in the Indian Cultural Center, the portions are huge...We ordered the Navajo taco and the chili rellenos...two individuals could have shared the Navajo taco...this restaurant also serve local beers...A decent place to eat lunch after visiting the museum...The bread is made fresh daily!!!