“Great Service”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: West Mesa
Neighbourhood: West Mesa
Reviewed 23 September 2017

I'm visiting Albuquerque, getting my fill of New Mexico cuisine. I read the reviews of this place and put it on my list. Finally tried it and was a little disappointed. For one, the red Chile on my enchiladas did not make my nose run. I expect hot in New Mexico and this was not hot. The sopapillas were okay but a little tough. Not the worst I've had, but not the best. The service was fantastic. So friendly and quick. Would I come back? Probably not. I want to keep trying other places when I visit.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Most of the customers are local. Good variety of good Mexican food, food is spicy. Sopapillas are very good.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

The exterior is not impressive and the interior is even less impressive. But we had a waitress with a great smile and she was wonderful. I didn't care too much for the chips and chile. The chips tasted a bit stale and the chile was bland, which is a big deal in New Mexico. But when our entrees arrived it was like divine heaven! My husband had the steak fingers which were tender and crispy and wonderfully addicting! I had the Sunday Special which consisted of a 7 oz. steak and cheese enchiladas. The steak was cooked perfectly and the enchiladas were wonderful thanks to a delectable and tasty red chile sauce. Seriously, I think this is the best red chile I've had in New Mexico so far. Garcia's was always my favorite for the Red, but Mac's just moved into first place in my book. Next time, I'm going to order a bowl of just the red chile as dipping for the steak fingers! I really liked the charro beans too. They had a smoky flavor and the cheese was a nice addition. Another lovely surprise were the sopapillas! They were light and so very tasty. Usually I don't order sopapillas because they're too thick and filling, but these came with my meal so I took one taste and was hooked. Forget the honey, just dip them into the red chile! Our cheap steak place diet splurge has always been the Monte Carlo, but I was really happy to stumble upon Mac's today and we will definitely be back! Again and again.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Decided to eat here on our one night passing through Albuquerque. So glad we did! Doesn't look much from the outside but the food was outstanding. Staff were extremely attentive and very welcoming. We had the house special meal which was so tasty and full of chilli. Menu had plenty of choice and the prices were very reasonable, if in fact quite cheap!
Definitely one not to miss.

2  Thank Tricia B
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The first time we initially spotted this gem was late afternoon when we arrived in town. I noticed how many cars were in the parking lot. We decided to stop here for breakfast the next morning. It didnt disappoint. I ordered their French Toast breakfast with ham. My husband ordered the Huevos Rancheros with fresh sopapilla's. Yum! Great food and great prices! This little coffee shop is worth a visit if you're in town.

2  Thank Pam S