“1st Visit ”

Peppers Old Fashion BBQ
Ranked #285 of 1,811 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Hubby and I went on a Tuesday afternoon, yes it's a hole in the wall. I had chopped beef sandwich with fried okra. It was delicious. I will have to agree that the mac and cheese had way to much garlic. I tasted my husbands and the French fries were not in the deep,fryer long enough. My husband said the meat was delicious. I would hope they would look for a new location maybe even on the west side or Rio Rancho... some room for improvement!

Reviewed 6 April 2017

This is one of the best Bar-B-Q in ABQ. The ribs are jusssttt GRReat,get my drift. The place is small but the Staff is great & friendly. Just make sure to take plenty of cash because they DO NOT Accept CREDITCARDS, everything is cash only. The Bar-B-Q chicken was good also along with the dirty rice, cornbread(ahh fresh) bake beans. If you have not visited this place it is a must place to go for Bar-B-Q. The owner was telling me that the will have a buffet for $18 on Easter Sunday with all the meats and dessert. This is a good deal because just a rib dinner will cost you around $14+.

2  Thank littledominican47
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I was visiting the Albuquerque Expo for an art show when my boyfriend asked me where we could safely eat keto when we came upon Peppers. OMG, what a find. We had brisket and collards. One order fed us both. The collards could have been rinsed better, but the flavor made up for that. Delicious!

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Easy to miss on San Pedro across from the Fairgrounds, just look for the smoker in the parking lot.This is down home flavorful cooking. The brisket is tender, juicy and plentiful, the dirty rice flavorful and the greens/cabbage combo are veggies you will gleefully consume. The portions are large, especially in the meat department. The cornbread is freshly baked. The owner is also part time philosopher and commentator on a myriad of topics. You can also choose from a host of sides both hot and cold, chicken, pulled pork and more, plus a number of homemade desserts. You can eat in or take out and there are some cold beverages available too. Just figuring out when I will eat there next when I don't feel like cooking- and I do not do BBQ. The days and hours are little random so - call on a Monday just to be sure.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

The best Bar-B-Q you can put in your mouth! The catfish is HEAVENLY! I love the dirty rice, the cornbread and the ribs! I have been there twice, and will definitely go back to try everything on the menu. Service is excellent. This place is the REAL DEAL!