All reviewschevron stationfront deskwafflessandia casinobreakfast hostesschoice hotelsroom was cleanballoon fiestathe breakfast areabed and pillowsindoor pooleasy accesswould stay here againnew mexicoreggiealamedapilar
Reviewed 19 July 2018

I made a reservation online several weeks in advance for a wheelchair accessible room at this hotel. My mom is unable to walk and uses a wheelchair full-time for mobility. After making the reservation, I called the hotel's direct phone number to make sure our reservation was in order and the hotel was aware that a wheelchair accessible room was a necessity. I was told that everything was in order and we would have an accessible room.

On the day we were scheduled to arrive, I called the hotel at about 3:30 to confirm that we were on our way and that we would have an accessible room. I was again told that we would have an accessible room.

Due to a few travel delays, we didn't arrive at the hotel until about 6:20. When we checked in and reached our room, we discovered that it was not accessible. I thought we were just given the wrong room at first and returned to the front desk to get it switched. The person that I had spoken with on the phone had already left and the clerk working said a mistake had not been made. It had not been noted on our reservation that an accessible room was required. Since we hadn't checked in yet, they had given our reserved accessible room to someone else who requested one.

Despite my having a printed copy of my reservation showing that I had reserved an accessible room and having called to verify that it was needed, they still gave the room to another person. Since my mom could not use the room they offered as a replacement, we were without a place to stay that night. The clerk reluctantly offered to see if any of their sister properties had an accessible room available. After making several phone calls, he said he was able to switch our reservation to another hotel at a discounted rate to make up for the inconvenience.

Not knowing the city, we went to the other property but after seeing the area, the condition of the building, and the people loitering in the parking lot, we didn't feel safe there and left. I spent almost an hour online searching hotels and making phone calls before I was able to find an accessible room available at another hotel chain. I also discovered that the "discounted" rate offered for the other hotel was actually more than the online rate.

I had accessible rooms reserved with Comfort Suites for two different cities on this trip. In both cases, our reserved accessible room was given to someone else and we were left without a place to stay. I will not book another room with any of the Choice brand hotels.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I drive through Albuquerque on my way from Colorado to El Paso, Texas. Nine hours is too much for me to drive so I use this excuse to spend a night at this Comfort Inn. I go out for a nice dinner in town and then head out to Sandia casino just a few minutes away. The staff is great and the rooms are ok. They have a free breakfast in the morning.

Stayed: March 2018
Shelli F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

I'm so pleased to hear the staff took such great care of you. We do aim to provide the best service around!

We hope to see you during your next trip. Travel safe.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We tried to stay at Sandia Hotel/Casino but it was booked. I tried to find a hotel near there...this was about 2 miles away so perfect for that. The price was a bargain...luckily. I thought it smelled musty and the carpets were dated. The bedding however was nice. We were on the first floor near the pool so this might have made it mustier (?). My Mom thought it was a great hotel. I wouldn't stay there again. The breakfast was tired the next morning...the garbage was overflowing and no spoons...but it was cheap, and sometimes you get what you pay for. It was tricky to find, tucked behind a gas station.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

I'm so sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay. It sounds like we were very busy that day! I do apologize. I am glad to hear the really important part in the bedding was nice.

I hope the rest of your trip went wonderfully. Travel safe and we hope you'll reconsider staying with us next time. We are due for a major face lift and you won't recognize the place the next time you visit.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Stayed here for one night while on vacation. The rate is better than most in the area. The location is very good.

The room had a small section of wallpaper peeling from near the ceiling. The bathtub had some mildew around the water spout. Otherwise the room was clean and quiet. There were not deal breakers, but they do make one question the quality of the room.

The breakfast was typical, but no complaints.

We might stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Shelli F, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Mark,

I was very disappointed to hear of the wall paper issue in your room and had maintenance up there right away. Housekeeping took care of that mildew as well and now the room is 100% ship shape. Thank you so much for letting me know there was an issue. While it wasn't "a deal breaker" it certainly was not up to our normal standards and I want to apologize for your experience. Rest assured the next time you visit all the wall paper will be where it is supposed to be!

Travel safe and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Booked a room here to spend the night after a late flight prior to driving home from a work trip. Hotel is in a good, safe location on the north end of town. Arrived past midnight and was checked in quickly and efficiently. Bed was comfortable. I didn't use the shower but the bathroom looked old and worn (but clean!). Breakfast was standard for a Choice Hotels Comfort Inn with a variety of hot and cold items. Parking appears somewhat limited but there was spots available when I showed up late. I would definitely stay here again given it's proximity outside of downtown, close to I-25 and in a safe location.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Emily,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It is a great location and we are due for some renovations coming here soon, so next time you come to visit you might not recognize the bathroom!

Travel safe and we'll see you again soon.