“Delightful Saturday night surprise”

Juniper Ridge Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Fredonia
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Description: Juniper Ridge Restaurant is the place where the locals go! We feature a full diner menu downstairs with a variety of steaks as well as eclectic fare, including Curries pastas and much more. Upstairs is On The Ridge Sports Bar, where we offer fresh made pizza, burgers, sliders, wings and more. Our outdoor dining is pet friendly. Live music on weekends, check our face book page.
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were passing through town, returning from a day at Bryce Canyon. Someone had told him he could get a fantastic rib eye here. As he is as always searching for a better steak than he could make at home, we decided to give it a try.
First let me say, I might have driven past this place without a thought as it is set off the road a bit. But upon further inspection, it's quite a gem. The rustic decor with natural polished wood columns, reception desk, and wall fixtures were very unique and inviting.
We decided to share the shrimp caesar salad as an entree. It was fantastic. The shrimp had great flavor, enhanced by a perfect grill with a slight char. The addition of asparagus, seeded cucumber half moons, and unique tomato chips enhanced the shaved parmesan and romaine.
I ordered the roasted beet and goat cheese salad, one of my favorites. It was excellent, but I kicked myself a little bit for declining to add some protein in the form of more of those delicious shrimp!
My husband's rib eye did not disappoint. He shared some of his generous portion with me. The quality of the meat was excellent! The end result was succulent, tender, and beautifully cooked to an optimum temperature. The sauce complemented rather than overwhelmed the dish. Garlic and pancetta were a perfect topping. My husband also enjoyed the mashed potatoes and vegetables.
Other menu options which intrigued us included the mussels with pommes frites, the pizza with brussels sprouts, the burrata en croute, and the buffalo burger. We look forward to that next time! We also hope to be seated in Jessica, Caitlin, and Michael's section. They were charming, friendly, and provided seamless service. Thank you!

1  Thank JaneMMMMM

Reviewed 23 October 2018

You can't ask for more than this--a first-class restaurant with a terrific dinner menu and an upstairs sports bar to see the baseball playoff game. Located at 2631 Highway 89A in Fredonia, Arizona, south of Kanab, Utah, Juniper Ridge Restaurant and On the Ridge Sports Bar are a winning combination. I wonder how many wives eat downstairs while their husbands chow down in front of the TVs upstairs. Well, my wife and I settled for dinner downstairs, then a brief visit upstairs to check the score. We started by sharing a grilled shrimp Caesar salad and bruschetta with heirloom tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, olive oil, honey balsamic syrup and goat cheese. My wife had Couscous crusted salmon with kale and pancetta hash. I passed up the 40-ounce prime beef tenderloin steak and the 22-ounce T-bone and the 32-ounce dry aged buffalo tomahawk steak in favor of the herb crusted rack of lamb, a New Zealand rack with vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes. For dessert, we sampled chocolate mousse and pecan pie. No complaints whatsoever, even if our team lost.

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

This place had amazing steaks! Everything is made at the restaurant so it takes a little longer but is so worth the wait!!! Desserts and appetizers were also very very good! If in the area I would suggest going here!! Waitress was and staff were also attentive and nice.

1  Thank Amanda246
Reviewed 15 October 2018

So, my husband wanted to see his Steelers play and needed a sports bar. I was tired from a day of hiking and just wanted a good meal. We got both! In fact, upstairs, while my husband watched football, I ordered moules frites (mussels and french fries) and they were the best I've had in years -- so good that I ordered them again! Yes, I had two orders because they were so delicious and I'm petite so it was even surprising to me. The waitress was great, kind and accommodating the the staff in general were friendly and ready to serve us promptly. I was thrilled with the experience and so was my husband!

1  Thank DramaqueenMadagascar
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

On our way back to Kanab Utah after visiting the Grand Canyon we spotted this restaurant and made a U turn to go back. Are we ever glad we did! The beet salad with vinaigrette dressing was superb. I was impressed with their wine list out here in the country! But best of all was the steak. My husband and I had the cold smoked NY strip coooked medium. Perfection!!! The sides were well prepared as well. And Jessica our waitress made the experience just perfect!

1  Thank Charlotte L

Been to Juniper Ridge Restaurant? Share your experiences!