“Convenient and Good!”

The Lazy Pig BBQ & Catering
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Triangle
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This restaurant was a surprise. I didn't even know it existed and it's right at the front gate of MCB Quantico. The day I went it was nice outside (middle of February and near 80 degrees). They had a great pork BBQ sandwich lunch special and it was very good. Friendly staff as well. Recommend.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We like The Lazy Pig BBQ restaurant because it is very close to where we live and the BBQ is good and reasonably priced. However the BBQ is served with too much sauce. We prefer the BBQ at Dixie Bones restaurant in northern Woodbridge.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We had a fantastic lunch at this small barbeque joint just outside the main gate of the Marine Corps base at Quantico. There's nothing special about this place physically, although it is clean and well maintained.

The first thing you notice as you pull in to the parking spaces is the smell. Amazing! We arrived at 1130am on a Friday and it was amazing. This place beats Red Hot and Blue hands down. DC isn't known for that much barbecue, but this place is terrific.

We had beef brisket sandwiches -- totally amazing. I loved the brisket and the sauce. Sweet tea or pink lemonade -- you're all set. I also appreciated the little signs and motivational sayings on the wall. It has a Marine Corps vibe, although totally independent. We were the only civilians on this Friday in August. The patrons weren't here just due to proximity. This place is a jewel. If you visit the amazing Marine Corps Museum, this is a must stop for you.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

My husband and I had to go to the base today and we were there during lunch time. Outside the north entrance was this quaint little place. We had the brisket lunch and it was very tasty. The cost was reasonable, $8, which included the large sandwich, potato chips and a drink (only tea or lemonade, soda would be extra). We will come again when we have to go to the base.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Right outside the gate at Quantico is a brilliant place to establish a BBQ and catering restaurant. I applaud the owners for doing so. I sampled the BBQ sampler and was more than satisfied. Even the corn bread was simple but very tasty. An absolute must if you live anywhere Quantico.