“Just terrible”

J D Coopers Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

I don't know why I keep coming here. There just aren't enough choices in the area. Once again my boyfriend and I came for dinner. They run out of everything and I've written about that before for this restaurant. Immediately upon sitting down at the bar on the pub side the bartender listed 3 things they were out of. Then after ordering our meals the bartender informed us 10 minutes later that they were out of wings (which my bf had ordered). He ended up getting a sandwich and they didn't even have mustard that he requested for it. It is NEVER busy there and the bartenders are not attentive (if you can find them behind the bar at all). Worst part about this place is the ANNOYING gamblers there 24/7 betting on races. I feel like I'm at the dog track every time I eat dinner there. The other side of the restaurant is better. At least you don't have to deal with gamblers screaming at dogs on the tv while you are eating. Just awful.

2  Thank Krisylee11

Reviewed 3 April 2015

My wife and I recently visited Coopers after a long time. When we entered there were only 2 other tables occupied. Despite this, service was quite slow. We ordered our drinks, an Arnold Palmer and a diet soda, which seemed to take quite some time to arrive. We were ready to order but the waitress didn't wait. When she returned my wife ordered maple salmon with green beans and I ordered beef tips with mashed potatoes and green beans. These took some time to arrive. Drink refills were also slow in coming. Contributing to overall below average experience was an individual at one of the other tables who persisted to converse in a very loud voice nonstop, even while eating. I hope this was just an off night.

2  Thank Walter B
Reviewed 9 January 2015 via mobile

My husband and I have been here quite a few times. They gave a really nice dinning room,but We usually go in to the pub area to get a bite to eat and have a drink or two.
That way my husband can watch a football,hockey game etc....
They have billard tables as well.
The food is very good and reasonably priced and the service is also very good.
We really recommend JD Coopers.
It's been a staple in Putnam for quite sometime now !!!

1  Thank Luvinlife143
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Always a good meal at Coopers! The staff is great, very prompt service always catering to your needs. Great parking arrangement and something for everyone, whether it is a sit down meal or you want to enjoy a pub atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 November 2014

Decent Food! Awesome Staff, Great Entertainment! Love this place we always have a great time when go there. Have been many times with family & friends.

2  Thank Patrice R