“Disorganized”

Jade Garden
Ranked #30 of 52 Restaurants in Putnam
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 31 July 2016

We ate at Jade Garden for lunch after hearing good things about the restaurant. The interior is simplistic but clean and the wait staff was kind to us. After waiting 20+ minutes for our food, we were told that there were no Chicken Fingers made yet, and that we would have to wait longer for them than the rest of our meal. This would've been a great point to make while we were ordering our food, but it must've slipped past them. This place was not busy when we entered, which I'd usually take as a bad sign, but ultimately the food was decent. There's definitely better places out there, and I do not plan on returning here to eat again. The service was just too disappointing to justify coming back for average food.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Just stopping by for my lunch a good deal, I like the brown rice, the meats are always good and the egg rolls crisp. good deal for a small town. i do the take out so not sure of the table side service. food is good, quantity right and price works for me.

Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

I've been coming here for over 10years now and I've never had bad service or a bad meal. It's nice to see that in this day and age people can continue to operate a Resturant with little to no change and still be successful . My favorite item on the menu is Beef Teriyaki....

Reviewed 12 May 2015 via mobile

On a Sunday evening we took a small take out order. While waiting the take out area looked like it was under construction and it seems like it is no longer owned by same people as before. Ordering three items was difficult as 3 different people were involved. Food was horrible. Greasy. Got home and wife literally poured the oil/grease from the waxed bag that contained the egg rolls. Crab ragoons also oily. Need some serious changes before we will return.

Reviewed 2 May 2015

My wife and I ate dinner there recently. We have not been there since the change in ownership. The food was not anywhere near as good as it was under the previous ownership. The lo mein was greasy and had a waxy consistency. The crab Rangoon was either fried too hard or was limp, and had been no where near a crab. It is just a cream cheese filled pastry deep fried. The beef terriyaki was a flavorless skewered bit of gristle. The wonton soup was horrible, the broth bland and the wontons themselves tasteless. The general tso's chicken had no spice, no crunch, and little flavor in general. It was basically like eating soggy fried chicken in sugar sauce. The overall quality of the foods we selected was very poor. All of the foods we ordered were entirely too greasy in general. Both my wife and I had digestive issues the next day as our thanks for having had their food. We will not eat there again.

1  Thank jason b