“A Real "Star"”

China Star
Ranked #21 of 50 Restaurants in Putnam
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 16 October 2017

One of the best chinese meals we've had in a long time (we had General Tso's chicken, pork chow mein, sweet and sour chicken, beef teriyaki). Their fried rice is second to none! Food was hot, delicious and well-presented (we dined in). Service was friendly and excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and next time we're in the area will make a return visit.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Lived in area for over 20 years love Chinese food and have been to all the Chinese restaurants in area except this one until last week by far the best Chinese food I've had in a long time I felt my dishes were prepared as I ordered them not only fresh but colorful to look at not bland like I've been use to from other Chinese restaurants the coconut shrimp was awesome can't wait to go back

Reviewed 15 January 2017

if you love Chinese-American food, take out or eat in, such as egg foo yung and General Whomever's Chicken, this is the place to go!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I'd heard China Star was a very good restaurant with great food so had to try it with my daughter. Being vegetarians, we tried the General Tso Tofu and the Crispy Sesame tofu with white rice. First off- the portions were generous. The food- I had wished the dinners came with even a modest amount of veggies. Both dinners were basically deep fried tofu with sauces and sesame seeds. One dish was drastically over fried and the tofu was the consistency of rubber. The other dish was meh.

Overall it was typical and extremely un-memorable. Thai Palace a few doors down for me is a much better value and superior food

Reviewed 15 January 2016

We stopped by years and years ago when they first opened and we didn't have a very good experience. However, when in the area again, we decided to give it another shot and I'm very pleased we did. Food was piping hot even after a drive home. And, everything was great...lo mein, fried rice, several chicken dishes (even with requests for no spice or extra spice)! All in all, a very good experience...good food, hot, HUGE portions and especially for a very reasonable price. We'll never think twice if and when in the area again for where to go for Chinese takeout! The only one thing they could do better would be to use rangoons with more of that delicious filling!