Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$79
ZenHotels.com
Expedia.comUS$79
FindHotelUS$79
TravelocityUS$79
Orbitz.comUS$79
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2020

The place puts the d in dive and should be condemned. Stay away. It looks nothing like the pictures. We arrived and the receptionist, a man, greeted me without wearing a mask. Colorado has a MASK MANDATE in effect, yet he wasn't wearing one. He asked me to provide my license plate number for insurance reasons, in case something happened to my vehicle while it was there, making me wonder about the safety of the hotel's property. Was my truck going to get broken into? Was that common?

Worse, the room was horrendous. Nasty yellow stains and water stains on the bedspread, mattresses that were so warped and bumpy that they looked 1,000 years old, white smears on the headboard that clearly hadn't been cleaned ever, nasty black stains on the chair and on the chair's cushion, light switches that were literally black with grime and something in the bathroom was leaking. Like it mattered, but the room was supposed to have had a microwave in it, but didn't. When I told the owner we would not be staying there due to the filthiness of the room and that we needed our money back, he simply claimed the room had been freshly cleaned. I said no, that was not true.

I told him I would show him the problem. When I pointed to the filth, he made excuses and told me I was crazy. "Oh, it's just a bleach stain on the comforter." And, "This chair isn't dirty. I don't see any dirt." He said this and then flipped the cushion over as if trying to hide the dirt. The other side wasn't any better.

He said the saggy mattresses were perfectly flat and that the bedspread didn't have a water stain on it, "It's just a wrinkle." It was unbelievable.

The owner was so incredibly rude. He said he would refund one night's stay, but not the second night's stay. I said no, he needed to refund all of our money due to the filthy nature of the hotel and how he had clearly misrepresented the property online. He refused. I told him I'd be in touch with my credit card company.

He then called me cheap for booking the cheapest room in the motel. Um, excuse me, but it was the only room available when we booked and we paid good money for it and it wasn't unreasonable to expect that it would be habitable.

The whole experience was awful. I have NEVER walked out of a motel reservation before, but it was so bad that there was no way I was letting my family so much as get out of the car. And so, thanks to this dive, my husband, two very upset kids and I were stranded in Estes Park without a place to stay.

Fortunately, we managed to book the last room at another motel, a professional, clean, COVID compliant lodge with an incredibly kind owner, the PEAK TO PEAK LODGE. I highly recommend the Peak to Peak Lodge. The owner at the Peak to Peak Lodge quite literally saved our vacation.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 8 August 2020 via mobile

Never in my entire life have I seen such a filthy, run down, disgusting hotel. The common areas are like nothing I’ve ever seen. My children didn’t even feel safe. I am disgusted with myself for not reading reviews before spending $120 on a room, however this was the only hotel in the area with any vacancy. ZERO stars, do not recommend.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AmandaVaughan5
Reviewed 11 October 2019

We stayed here because it was literally the last room available in all of Estes Park and we did not want to drive 30 miles to Boulder (should have made the drive). Cigarette butts outside the front door should have been the first clue. Stains on the lobby carpet, furniture did not look clean enough to sit on. Check in was fine; we were provided directions and keys to our room (number 11). In order to get to our room we had to pass through a breezeway that smelled like natural gas leaking. At the top of the stairs we passed 3 or 4 rooms each with red paper signs indicating the rooms were not habitable. We continued to our room (tricky to find) and opened the door. Smelled like someone was trying to cover the smell of mold/mildew. Carpets were beyond stained, with large water stains at the door and along one of the exterior walls. Went into the bathroom to hear the toilet running. Looked down and it was if the 10" ceramic tiles were sitting on a sponge - every step you took you could watch water seep up in what should have been the grout lines. As we walked back to the entrance to the room you could feel the floor in the entire room give with every step. Pictures that others have posted are in line with what we saw; curtains not hung properly, cigarette burns on the TV, furniture and rails. We went back to the desk and complained; the gentleman behind the desk would not refund us our money citing since we booked with Booking.com (I don't trust them either) he had to pay fees. First he offered to discount our room 30%. When I pushed the issue he then offered us another room, located basically above the front desk. It was better - but still barely worth the price that we paid. The carpet had been replaced with a wood like product, so you could see what you were stepping on. Bathroom was very tired and needed an update as most of the grout and tile was broken out. Cigarette burns on furniture and TV again. We did not even bother with breakfast. I did ask the desk attendant why the rooms were marked uninhabitable and he said that they had water leakage on the roof.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank PaisleyCo
Reviewed 11 October 2019

Rug in lobby filthy; breakfast a joke; half the lights in room did not work;
wifi didn't work, no heat in bathroom; very shabby and old and dismal.
Location to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park reasonable
altho not within walking distance.

Room tip: supposedly wifi but didn't connect; I wouldn't stay in ANY of the rooms
Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank 558sally
Reviewed 9 October 2019

Our room was dirty and moldy, the tv was ancient, the toilet was broken, the parking lot and stairs were very poorly lit, the mattress had to be 30 yrs old, the staff was unfriendly, there was no access to ice except in the office that was locked at 7am, and the AC sent out a smell that reminded me of my high school locker room on a hot summer day.

Room tip: stay somewhere else
Date of stay: September 2019