“Solitude at Antlers Pointe”
Review of Estes Park Condos

and 1 more site!
Estes Park Condos
Morrison, Colorado
“Solitude at Antlers Pointe”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This was the third or fourth time we've stayed at one of Estes park Condos' properties. Antler's Pointe is usually out of our price range for the summer rates, but winter brings discounts at several places in Estes. (Plus a lot more solitude!)
Our overall experience was very nice, with just a few minor issues that really didn't detract from our stay.
We rented a one bedroom condo, and it appeared that the unit had been upgraded in the last year or so. We had a 2 person hot tub on the front deck, and the water temp was just right. The interior was very clean and nicely decorated in a "cabin" feel. We didn't really use our kitchenette (kind of small), since we were there only one night, but it seemed adequate.
The bathroom was also a little small, but it was just a one bedroom unit, so I guess it was OK.
TV's were flat screens, but no HD channels were available so the picture was so-so.
Our favorite things were the proximity to the Fall River, the peace and quiet of not having the road noise like most of the condos along the river and Rocky Mountain National park is very close! Oh, I almost forgot... there were lots and lots of towels! (Something you don't find much of anymore!)
Least favorite things? TV was on top of the fireplace and hard to watch (who cares, huh?), the bath was a little small and hard to maneuver for 2 people and the hot tub could have been a little more comfortable. Also, we think the high season prices would be too much for this unit.
In the past, we've enjoyed Bugle Pointe and now Antlers Pointe, and would recommend both of them over Creekside Suites.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Unit 5 was very nice!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
banna0081
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I logged on to write this review and and sad I did not write it earlier, seeing the post below on weddings. I wish I would have warned others earlier. My husband and I had a very similar experience with our wedding in August 2011. Let me start with some positive though... The rooms were nice, cabin/mountain style, nothing fancy, but comfortable. The caterer Jubilations was wonderful, the food was delicious and they were easy to work with. We ended up having a lovely wedding day, but little was because of Estes Park Condos and the staff. Now onto why I wrote this post.
-The customer service was awful, mostly due to the manager, Elizabeth, she was condescending and rude nearly every time we spoke to her. Jessica our coordinator was alright, but had no power, therefore everything went through Elizabeth.
- We had 65 guests and rented 12-15 rooms from them, most for more than one night. We had no special treatment that you would expect when investing so much into your special day. They were more concerned about hitting rental room quotas, when with-out the rooms we were spending 15k alone!
- They were nickel and diming us for cars of people that were not staying the night, at $5 a car for the 5 cars that were parked for the evening seemed ridiculous.
-During the dinner, they made an announcement that a car was parked in the guests parking, but had not been registered and needed to be moved! When in fact they were guests staying in a condo and in the middle of eating!
- From the start the details were take it or leave it approach, they were very rigid in their policies, which impeded on some family traditions we hoped to include.
- In the end, the thing that upset us the most, it that there was NO email, NO thank you, NO phone call to thank us for the business we had given them, in sum over 20k.

Like I said our Day was wonderful, but dealing with the staff at Estes Park Condos right up until the wedding day was a small nightmare.( we did not deal with any staff on the day, as my family put everything together, besides the tent, etc.) Looking back, knowing what I know now, I would never again choose Estes Park Condos for my venue, the stress of dealing with rude and condescending staff was too much to deal with.

Hope this helps any Brides out there looking at Estes Park Condos!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank banna0081
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We rented one of the bungalow cabins with a private hot tub and it was amazing! The unit was immaculate and decorated beautifully. Our cabin was very romantic and secluded with the hot tub right outside our front door on the deck. I will be returning again and again to enjoy this romantic mountain getaway!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I feel the web site is mis-leading as what I envisioned based on the room photos and description versus what we actually got.
I wanted to surprise my boyfriend with a romantic getaway for his birthday, so paid a little under $200 for a night @ Estes Park Condos. The photos showed a Jacuzzi tub ‘in’ the corner of the bedroom and said there was private hot tub on a deck overlooking the river. What we actually walked into was a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom and not big enough for two people to fit comfortably, and a hot tub in the corner of a very small patio. And, if the river was running full and not partial frozen, we may have been able to hear it.. maybe.. It was a ways away so the ‘overlooking the river’ statement was not even close. I’ve never written a review before and rely heavily on them when looking for a place to stay so I hate to see anyone else’s expectations be crushed on a romantic getaway by using Estes Park Condos. I won’t be going back through them nor would I recommend them to any of my friends.

Room Tip: Call to see if you're getting what you 'think' you're getting based on the web site.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Burton63
New York, NY
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I really wanted to rent a cabin with a private hot tub for my husband's birthday. So, I finally settled on Antlers Point in Estes Park condos. The place was very cute and well set-up. We settled in for a romantic evening but when we went to grill steaks for his birthday dinner we realized there was no gas in the grill. After getting it fixed we had a lovely dinner by the fireplace. But then we tried out the hot tub. It was more like a cold tub. It was barely as warm as bath water. After a few minutes we had to get out. So, the whole purpose for renting this particular unit was moot. If you are looking for a nice, clean place to stay it's great. (But there are many cheaper options in Estes Park) But if you are looking for a hot tub don't bother.

• Stayed February 2012