“Enjoyable yet a Bit Frightening”
Review of Sombrero Ranch

Sombrero Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: Attraction, Activity
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Riding horses here is suitable for both young and old. The guide was nice and helped the amateur riders well. He also tamed the horses. We rode through Estes Park and had some pleasant views. The road was bumpy, and as a result, we always had that feeling of falling off, which made the experience a bit scary. Nevertheless, our whole family enjoyed the ride.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This is my 2nd attempt at a review with Trip Advisor of Sombrero Ranch - so I will do my best to keep this as toned down as possible - so as not to get it removed again because I believe deeply in my soul, people need to think twice before booking with this company.

First, I seriously seriously question the well-being of the horses at this Ranch. The horses we rode could barely walk. And in particular, the horse my sister-in-law was riding kept tripping on the trail and at one point fell to its knee. It was very scary to watch. When I asked our guide what was going on, she dismissed my question and said that sometimes the horses trip. But, it was clear from the way this horses legs were buckling that it was utterly overworked.

I have to believe there are other ranches in Colorado, if you do a bit more research - that take pride in their care of the horses. Happy horses=Safe guests. I'm upset with myself and my family for putting our money into this place. It was truly a horrific experience for me and my family. The kids with us were crying because they knew the horses were not feeling well. So sad. Start to finish.

3  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 3 September 2017

My family and I have visited Sombrero Ranch twice. The ride's with dinner are an excellent value and the tour through the hills is amazing. Our guides have been friendly, safety-minded, and knowledgeable about the sites and history along the way. Certainly a must-do for anyone passing through Estes Park. Great to get off the beaten path for a couple of hours.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

First of all, I have seen reviews that these horses are maltreated . They were healthy and well cared for. They have over 100 horses. They obviously get a break. This is the west!

The guide was friendly and attentive. My horse was good "C cross"! My husband and I had a blast on the two hour hike AND it's affordable!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

My horse was Austin and the wrangler was southern african from Namibia. Her name was Caitlin. There was myself from the UK and a nice couple from Kansas. I hadn't ridden before so was a little apprehensive but Caitlin was excellent, constantly giving advice and commentary on the local area. We rode high up above Estes Park with magnificent views over the town and the Rocky Mountains. A thoroughly enjoyable ride in excellent weather. Thankyou Caitlin and Austin.