“Breakfast Ride”

Sombrero Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: Attraction, Activity
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We had an enjoyable morning riding horses in the mountains. It was just challenging enough for us flat landers without being too scary. The ride is very quiet and "slow" but that is because the company has to account for people riding who do not know how to ride horses. Yes I would have liked to go "faster" sometimes, but I am a more experienced rider than the rest of my group is. The scenery was beautiful. The guide was friendly and knew each horse and their temperament. The breakfast was delicious. Wonderful pancakes!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went on a one hour ride with Cailin (from SA) as our wrangler. She was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area which is beautiful by the way. She said they have like 120 horses on the property. Our horses appeared to be well cared for. I've been on other rides in the mountains and the horses sometimes do trip if the terrain is rocky. However, the ride was slow and leisurely and I never felt unsafe. We really enjoyed the ride and Cailin as our guide. I would definitely recommend this ranch.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Riding horses here is suitable for both young and old. The guide was nice and helped the amateur riders well. He also tamed the horses. We rode through Estes Park and had some pleasant views. The road was bumpy, and as a result, we always had that feeling of falling off, which made the experience a bit scary. Nevertheless, our whole family enjoyed the ride.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This is my 2nd attempt at a review with Trip Advisor of Sombrero Ranch - so I will do my best to keep this as toned down as possible - so as not to get it removed again because I believe deeply in my soul, people need to think twice before booking with this company.

First, I seriously seriously question the well-being of the horses at this Ranch. The horses we rode could barely walk. And in particular, the horse my sister-in-law was riding kept tripping on the trail and at one point fell to its knee. It was very scary to watch. When I asked our guide what was going on, she dismissed my question and said that sometimes the horses trip. But, it was clear from the way this horses legs were buckling that it was utterly overworked.

I have to believe there are other ranches in Colorado, if you do a bit more research - that take pride in their care of the horses. Happy horses=Safe guests. I'm upset with myself and my family for putting our money into this place. It was truly a horrific experience for me and my family. The kids with us were crying because they knew the horses were not feeling well. So sad. Start to finish.

3  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 3 September 2017

My family and I have visited Sombrero Ranch twice. The ride's with dinner are an excellent value and the tour through the hills is amazing. Our guides have been friendly, safety-minded, and knowledgeable about the sites and history along the way. Certainly a must-do for anyone passing through Estes Park. Great to get off the beaten path for a couple of hours.