“One hour trail ride”

Sombrero Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: Attraction, Activity
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We chose to do this trail ride on our last day in Colorado. Aside from knowing we'll be sore on our flight home, this was a perfect end to our trip. Chloe was a great trail leader, she made sure we were all comfortable on our horses and continued to check up on us throughout the whole ride. She even offered to take photos of us when we stopped mid-ride. Definitely would recommend and definitely would do this again!!

All reviews
in 589 reviews
"saddle"
in 52 reviews

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Took my wife for a horse ride even though we barely know how to ride. I got a big boy named Quinn. We had a good easy ride and got to see some nice countryside and a bedded bull elk. I would do it again.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing 2 hour ride today! Beautiful views - it was slow and easy. Nothing hard or fast at all. Great experience! All the staff we’re extremely sweet.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Myself, my daughter from out of town and 3 other people went here today for a 2 hour ride and it was a horrible experience. When I asked the desk employee several questions the only thing he could say was that everything was up to me, it was all my choice how I wanted to handle the horse. Really? I don't know how to handle a horse! When it was time to get on the horse I was having issues getting up there. The stirrup was way too high so I asked him, the SAME GUY, to lower it, which he did a little, reluctantly. Then, it was still too high for my foot to reach and instead of fixing it he just pushed my foot up into the stirrup for me. Then I could not hop high enough and I could not get on the very tall horse they decided to give me probably partially because my foot was way too high. The 2 steps they provided were very low and didn't help at all. When I asked him to push me up onto the horse since he refused to lower the stirrup again he said no. "If you can't get on the horse by yourself then you can't ride" is what he told me. After trying about 10 times and not able to lift myself all the way up there he said I couldn't ride and told me to go back to the office. I expected my party of 5 to come back and join me since I couldn't ride, but instead they went on without me, because the ranch employees lied and told them that I changed my mind and decided not to go. Instead of sitting in the office for 2 hours I walked downtown where my party finally showed up to get me after their ride where I was told that the ranch employees were happy to push other people, including 1 person in my party up on their horses. The guy told me I couldn't ride, because I couldn't get up there myself but other people were being pushed onto their horses. I didn't get to hang out with my daughter, who came here from another state, because someone decided I didn't deserve help onto a horse and then lied to my party and said that I just decided not to go when in reality I was told I couldn't go, because I couldn't pull myself up onto a horse with no assistance.

1  Thank Heather A
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Arrived at the ranch. Filled out a disclaimer quickly. Chose not to have helmets.
Quickly we were organised and assigned to our horses.
My husband is a novice where I’m experienced rider. I’m unsure why we have to declare our ability though if we are only steadily walking? Maybe someone could explain that.
Anyway set off with our wrangler who was funny, full of information and a very competent horse man. Felt safe on my horse. He was responsive and stopped when I asked him to. My husbands horse (Moonlight)? Did look a few times like he was going to go down.. I shouted at my husband to kick him on as he looked like he wanted to roll. On saying that my husband said he felt safe and was happy with him and gave him lots of pats. It might of just been the type of horse he was.
Some good views from the top of the trail.
It’s a shame we couldn’t of been split into those who could ride and those who couldn’t so we could of gone a little faster but I suppose the terrain makes it difficult to work the horses at speed.
Had a great time thanks and it was nice to ride USA style compared to English. I do prefer my saddle though
I’ve read the poor reviews on this site and I think they’re a little unfair. Horses are animals and are unpredictable. Sometimes the shoot off unexpectedly and occasionally people fall off. It is to be expected. Don’t let those reviews put you off. These people do a good job with these horses and work hard to ensure that novices have an enjoyable experience along with the more competent riders.
Thank you!!