3,125 results
All reviews ghost tour stephen king cascades restaurant whiskey bar beautiful hotel the main hotel fourth floor ghost hunters haunted room haunted hotel paranormal activity scary mary concert hall bucket list night tour great history front porch
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We git called that our room was ready, picked up the key to find our room wasnt ready. Left to get out of their way. Was disappointed in the Continental Breakfast at the Lodge. They ran out of some food and lots of dishes. There were 3 of us, we shared one set if utensils so 1 ended up eating her yogurt on a plate with a knife, 1 ate hers on a plate with a spoon and I ate mine from a coffee cup with a fork and we shared the 1 napkin. Left a bad impression for the end of our stay.

1  Thank gben2018
Gareth C, Front Office Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Gben2018,

I am very sorry for the expirence we provided you. I would like to speak with you if possible. Please contact me 970-577-4162 or by emailing me at Gcook@StanleyHotel.com

Best Regards,
Gareth Cook, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is so steeped in history, you simply must see it. I stayed in Room 420, lovely view. The staff was very friendly. Rachel, at the front desk was very helpful and kind. They offer tours but you can walk around and just get a feel of not only its historical side but its haunted side. It doesn't get better than that!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Leighlati,

Thank you coming to stay with us and giving a major shout out to Rachel! We'll be sure to make sure she's rewarded! We look forward to your return!

Best Regards,
Gareth Cook, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We waited a long time before a server approached us at our table. When our food was brought out we had to request our silverware.

The ghost tour seemed faked, but it was for entertainment purposes, so we got what we expected.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gareth C, Front Office Manager at Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Stonemonaghan,

I'm sorry for the experience we provided you. We hope you will come back and visit us again so we can make up for the experience. Please contact me at Gcook@StanleyHotel.com. I would be happy make the reservation for your next visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Meh! What is all the excitement about. Shabby, run down place that has somehow captured the imagination of the me-too traveler. Recommendation: avoid this place, there are SO many more wonderful sites and vistas in the Estes Park area.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank jmiller704

Dear Jmiller704,

I am very sorry we didn't provide you with a better experience. Please know we are are undergoing our renovation project that will last about 6-8 weeks. We look forward the completion and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We really enjoyed our stay at the Stanley hotel. The hotel itself lives up to its name! We only encountered a few things that made our stay less enjoyable. 1. Our rooms (we booked 2) were only half ready at the promised check-in time of 4pm. We ended up taking all of our bags to the room that was ready but had to wait about an hour for the other room. Not a big deal but a little inconvenient. 2. Our 2nd room had no hot water for showers in the morning. My dad had to take a cold shower and my mom chose to skip it altogether. Again, not a huge deal but for the price we paid for the room, you expect to be able to shower. We told the front desk of these issues and they comped $75 off the price of the room. That was nice but so far I haven't seen the comp appear in my bank account. Other than that, the restaurant had great food and service and our ghost tour was a lot of fun! It was a little pricey to stay here but the ambience and history of the hotel will definitely keep us coming back!

1  Thank kaceyd33

Dear Kaceyd33,

I'm sorry both room were not ready at the time of your arrival. We are working on hiring more for our upcoming season to ensure this does not happen again. Please be aware that it does take up to 3-5 business days for most credit cards to see the refund process. Rest assured that it will show on your account.

Thank you so much for visiting us. We look forward to your future stay!