“Enjoyable Evening ”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pittman
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We are big fans of Newport Restaurant Group and especially enjoyed our recent visit to the Waterman Grille. It’s been some time since our last visit here and we were blown away by our experience last Saturday. Our waiter Paul was fantastic and fun. The food was amazing especially anything off the wood grill. Can’t wait to go back.

Paul S, General Manager at Waterman Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you Jeffrey! I'm so glad you were able to come back again and that we exceeded your expectations. We can't wait for you to come back again.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

A night out with some good friends was elevated by the great food options from our tables Apps Calamari, Cheese Dish, Steaks to Desserts, then the night went really smooth because it was topped off with first class service provided by our waiter (Paul). There were 4 of us engaged in conversation and Paul knew exactly when to insert his menu specials or recommendations which were right on! My wife and I recommend the Waterman Grille if you are looking for great food, atmosphere on the water, with super service for a reasonable price. We will be back soon!

Dear ReillysNight,
What a great review! Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed and glad that Paul made such a positive impression on your experience. We appreciate the recommendation and hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came here for brunch. Really cute little place on the water. Ambiance was nice, exposed brick walls and a fireplace. Very cozy. I had the crab cake Benedict which was amazing! My husband had the eggs Benedict and loved it. The Bloody Mary was so good! Pepper rim with pickle, lemon, and other flavors. The mimosa was great as well. Brunch cocktails are only $5, which we thought was great. Service was very attentive and extremely nice. I would come back here if I was ever in town.

Paul S, General Manager at Waterman Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Stacy,
Thank you for joining us and I am glad you enjoyed everything. Our Bloody Mary's and Eggs Benedict make for a great brunch. We appreciate the review and really hope you can join us again if ever you are back in Providence.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

What a great dinner at this restaurant. Started out with the PT Judith Calamari which were fantastic. Our entrees were the pan roasted chicken breast and the grilled tuna, both of which were great. For desert we enjoyed the mango pie, different but very good.

Paul S, General Manager at Waterman Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear pjkiss,
We always love to hear a guest enjoyed a great dinner! Thanks for leaving the review. Hope you come back again soon for more.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The two of us tried to have dinner at the bar at 6:30 pm. Pleasant bartender, interesting menu, upscale venue- not a sports bar or neighborhood dive. Unfortunately a very loud, obnoxious customer at the bar drove us away. We left mid appetizer and never finished our drinks. Very loud woman, shrill voice and screams. The bartender asked if we wanted to order our entrees. I told him that if that customer was staying a while, I would not be ordering anything else. After the third high five with the bartender we had enough. She appeared to have been over served.
While a restaurant cannot pick their customers, they do control how they deal with them. It ruined my evening. I thought the bartender or manager should have taken control of the situation. If it was my restaurant, I would have asked her to quiet down and if she didn’t comply I would have asked her to leave.
Disappointing experience, to say the least.

Paul S, General Manager at Waterman Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear KGDRI,
Our apologies for your experience at the bar. We always try to provide a comfortable environment for all to enjoy and relax whether you are eating at the bar or in the dining room. We never want a guest to leave because they find the atmosphere unwelcoming or that other guests are detracting from your enjoyment. I'd be happy to discuss your experience with you in greater detail so I can hear more about what you saw. Please call me at the restaurant at your convenience. We appreciate the feedback and I sincerely hope you can come back and find a more relaxing and pleasant atmosphere.
401-521-9229