“A wonderful experience all around!”
Review of Cafe Nuovo

Cafe Nuovo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Nuovo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 861 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Memorial Boulevard & Canal
Description: Casually elegant Cafe Nuovo, at the Gondola Landing on Providence's famed Riverwalk, has been hailed by the New York Times and singled out by the Providence Journal as "RI's contribution to world class dining." The scenic waterside setting is matched only by the "fresh, seasonal flavor of Cafe Nuovo's contemporary American cuisine and heavenly dessert creations." Through glass curtain walls or while dining al fresco on the piazza, patrons enjoy attentive service and commanding city views while the river and gondolas roll by. Free valet parking evenings. **Sunday Open for Waterfire, Graduations, some Holidays or private functions
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Was visiting my son in Providence and had a chance to meet for dinner at Café Nuovo and glad we did. The atmosphere in the restaurant is outstanding and the host and our waiter were welcoming and provided outstanding service. We started off with lettuce wraps which were superb and my son had the grilled salmon which was excellent. Our waiter, John, recommended the crab and seafood risotto for me which was incredible. Lots of crab, clams, shrimp and scallops – almost too much (I never thought I’d say that! How could you have too much shrimp and crab!). We finished our meal with the chocolate mousse dessert which was artfully done and served in its own edible chocolate cup. Highly recommend Café Nuovo for an excellent meal.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Went Friday night, great seat outside...had restaurant week menu...thought the drinks were expensive, $10 per; short ribs were rich and very good, salmon for others was very good., desert bit strange..expected chocolate cake..recvd a slab of something chocolate..same with lemon cheesecake.... pot of crème was good but vanilla was not tasty at all... service was good but waiter with a bit of an attitude..had to continually ask for water refills and for ice...as the temperature made all very warm, quickly. All in all, good food, wonderful setting...but a bit expensive to be honest. Unsure if I'd return... though I appreciated complimentary valet. Maybe I'd go back for lunch.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

For lunch we got two appetizers- the seafood salad and calamari & shrimp. Both were delicious and portion size considerable. Service was from a small rolling table and each dish doled out with style. All seafood cooked nicely. Highlight of dinner was the Eggplant & Zucchini Napoleon which was a work of art and full of flavor. Though an appetizer, it was enough for dinner for my wife. My son had joined us and was happy with scallops over linguini, one of that night's specials. It was Restaurant Week in Providence and I got the 3 course special. Duck tacos were dry and vapid. Lamb rilletes were ordinary. Dessert was good.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We've eaten at CN many times and it is my favorite restaurant in Providence. Last week was restaurant week (perhaps not the best time to go, admittedly), and it was my birthday. So, of course I picked CN. It was a Wednesday night, busy but by no means packed. (I wrote a review of CN from this past Valentine's Day, at which time CN was packed and they were spot on). Food was good, except that my son received a dish he did not order and service was spotty. Overall disappointing. I am hoping this was a blip on what is otherwise a great place, and not the start of a trend.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

As always, delicious!
The duck was perfectly tender and exquisite in taste as well as presentation.
Husband had the shrimp and scallops- the dish was incredible! Multiple vignettes of taste blended together in one plate.
This is the best outside of The Grand Case restaurants that we have experienced this year.
Always fantastic!
We got the special dessert- blueberry peach trifle- the not sweet sorbet complemented the sweetness of the trifle created a well balanced and delicious end to the evening!