“A great find while visiting Providence”
Review of CAV

CAV
Reserve with OpenTable
CAV is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 870 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$21 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Upper South Providence
Cross street: Bassett St.
Transit: Trolley stops within a block from CAV; refer to Ripta website Shuttles from Brown and RISD also stop a block from CAV on Bassett St.
Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

We were in Providence for the weekend with a group of friends.
We decided to book a restaurant not on Federal Hill or downtown - we had read about CAV and thought it would be a fun venue for a large group - if we could get a reservation!

Entering the restaurant we wondered about the eclectic decor and design. We were greeted right away and led thru the center walkway to our long table for 12.
Everyone was immediately served water, a menu in hand, and drink orders were taken - with servers quickly returning to the table with those drinks rapidly delivered!

Our head waiter, Tom, was very professional, polite and informative
about the history of the restaurant, the decor, and the food being offered. He made suggestions and answered a few questions.

We all decided to split a few appetizers and salads while our entrees were being prepared. The mussels, crab cakes were incredible and salads all enjoyed.

Our group ordered duck, salmon, chicken and scallops/shrimp risotto.
Everyone was very pleased with their meal as well as the excellent service.

We were all pleasantly full- so no desserts were ordered. After-dinner drinks and coffees closed out our memorable evening.

We truly found a new favorite group dining location in Providence- but going there as a couple would be a great idea too!

Reviewed 8 March 2016

This restaurant surprised me!! Very cool location. The decor is basically shabby chic. It's filled with unique antiques that are supposedly all for sale. And, as is most important, the food was excellent! Crab cake is just about 100% crab and was perfectly prepared. Eggs - perfect. We went for brunch... typical adult brunch bevs were all perfect, as well. Great service, too.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

Went there for a baby shower and found this gem of a place. The decor and lighting is like I've never seen, what an incredible ambiance! The food was the perfect match and didn't disappoint either (had the tofu scramble, but the other guests all agreed their meals were fantastic too...looked great anyway.

So decided to go back with my boyfriend for dinner. OMG the place literally changed dark ambiance, great music, cool crowd. Again the food was a perfect match (I had the chicken cav with pear, yummy. He boasted the filet was the best steak he ever had. Great desert offerings too.

Just go, you'll be in for a treat and see something like never before!

Reviewed 1 March 2016

My boyfriend and I attended for breakfast and had a great and unique experience.

Atmosphere: Even before you walk in, the location of the restaurant is unique. Located right in the old mills section of Providence and surrounded by J&W, it's a bit tricky to find, but really cool when you do find it. Parking is right next door and free! Once inside, I felt like I was in my grandma's house with the crystal lights and wooden armories. I have heard the place described as Bohemian and it definitely matched the word. I felt like I was in Greenwich Village in New York and it was great!

Food: I went for classic Belgian waffles which were beautifully presented and tasted great. The boyfriend ordered a stylized French toast and said it was great! Delivery was prom, but not rushed.

Service: Our server was young, but attentive. He met all of our requests and had a friendly personality.

Overall, a great "hole-in-the-wall" for any type of meal and we will be back in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

I wasn't so sure about Cav as I was walking in, for the surrounding area isn't very exciting - old renovated mills. However, upon entering the restaurant I was amazed at how warm and well decorated it was. The atmosphere was cozy yet sophisticated and my girlfriend and I were warmly greeted by the host immorality. What I was most impressed with from my visit was how attentive the waitstaff was. My water glass was never empty, our food came out quickly and the meal was cooked perfectly. They also had some fun drink specials the night we visited. All in all, Cav is a wonderful restaurant that is a must see for anyone who is looked for a fine dining experience in Providence.

2  Thank Nick F