“Slow service, mediocre food”
Review of Clean Plate

Clean Plate
Ranked #188 of 868 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Diner, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We dined for brunch today. The place was not full, but we waited several minutes for a hostess to great and seat us.

We waited close to half an hour from being seated to being served. Our order was nothing fancy. Just an omelette and a humus appetizer.

If the food was amazing, it might have been worth it. Sadly, it was bland, under seasoned, and simply presented.

It was close to the providence flea market, but we could have done much better if we walked a bit further.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We got to the door on a Wednesday night around 6 ,there was no one in the place ! O.K so we should get great service .
We sat at the bar ,"Cat " came right over and greeted us she had a cool vibe much like the bar itself .
Menus came right up and we ordered drinks ,lets just say you will never get drunk at this place .
I ordered clam fritters and stuffies ,my friend had the calamari ....O HELL YA ! it was great ,the tartar sauce had just a touch of dill that rounded things out nicely .
On to our main dish I got the scallop patty with pasta and my friend got fried chicken with waffles , you know it is going to be great when the sent off the plate is that good . Both dishes were a 10 and true to there name we had clean plates !
Good good food ,ez parking ,nice view from the bar ,fun staff . This place has it all .

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

My friends and I went here Sunday for brunch before they had to head out of town. And truth be told, this wasn't my first visit. I come back because the food is delicious.

Creative, adventurous, yet traditional, the food is always beyond the level of flavor you would imagine. Did I mention delicious?

The shrimp and grits would be my favorite, if I didn't love their burgers so much. And the Reuben. And the Cuban. And the FRIES!!

Parking can be tricky, depending on when you choose to treat yourself to their delicacies. Weekends and evenings you'll have no problem. Weekdays, stick to street parking and away from the private lot.

So the food? Amazing. The staff? Just as awesome. Friendly, warm, and welcoming. And always available if you need something.

So my point of this all is that you have to go to Clean Plate. You'll be very happy. :-)

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

The menu was full of interesting dishes that all sounded appealing. We went on a Saturday morning of a WaterFire weekend in Providence and were shocked to find the restaurant and area, in general, so empty. The staff was very friendly, offered good recommendations and the food was good. Pancakes were light and fluffy and many items came with waffles (savory waffle with homemade hash mixed into the batter as the base for eggs Benedict, for example). Several options included grits, and the place had a definite southern flair. We all enjoyed our meals, with the exception of a caprese salad with anemic tomatoes, and I would go back. One note is to go hungry, everything was rather heavy - maybe best to consider it brunch.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

The CP burger was huge and had great flavor. The Stuffies were delicious and made a great appetizer. The location along the river was nice.