“Tranquil getaway”

Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
Ranked #26 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We were looking for a brief respite from our busy work life and the resort did not disappoint.
Totally enjoyed the peace and quiet, absolutely devoid of traffice noise. The sactuary of this resort was only interrupted by the sounds of birds and other animal life, a rather welcome one at that. The resort is situated just minutes away from Sabino Canyon. We would recommend to all of the lovers of ice cream, gelato or sorbet to visit Frost located a few minutes from the Resort. When we return to Tucson I know where we would be staying. Just a quick bit of advice to the house cleaners, please remember to the clean the vents, it makes a big difference for those of us with certain allergies. Overall a couple very satisfied with this resort and all the amenties offered.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happyaz66
Write a ReviewReviews (2,887)

Reviewed 14 June 2011

I had some problems with them as they gave my room to someone else with the same last name, they didn't make it better until I made my complaint. Finally I got thinks ok but I think the service in the hotel can get better!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
ckinney1, Manager at Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Thank you for your feedback! We do strive to provide a consistently high level of service to our guests but we do realize that we can always improve. Comments such as yours are very helpful and we hope that you will have the opportunity to return to Westward Look Resort in the future.

Craig Waterman - General Manager
Westward Look Resort

Reviewed 13 June 2011

This was our 2nd time at the Westward Look. We called and requested the same room we had the 1st time and were so excited to learn upon check-in that it was available! The rooms are a nice size with plenty of space to feel at home and be able to read and relax when it's too hot to be outside. We really enjoy the location and the grounds. The "adult" pool is nice for relaxing and reading without the exuberance of children; I wish it were enforced more and posted on the gate would be nice. We'll be back again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denverfolks
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Had a great experience with our weekend in Tucson. We have stayed at all the major resorts over the years and this was our first time at the Westward Look. Our room was lovely but the mattress was the best we have had in a hotel. The resort was packed but our room was very quiet and we were able to sleep in and no one disturbed us. Breakfast buffet was part of our staycation and it was very good. Have stayed in more glamourous places but none that had the peace & quiet and a great mattress! Will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Formermichigander
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Let me start of by saying I have been staying at The Westward Look since I was a toddler. We have traveled with parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles, and The Westward Look is always a relaxing stay. Working at a similar hotel in Northern Arizona gave me some insight and experience on how to make my stay the best.

Arrival was very easy, smooth. We arrived around 4:30 pm, but I was surprised there was no valet service or bellman to assist with luggage as we got out of the car. Check in for our two desert view suites was seamless, and because I was an employee of a Gemstone Hotel (which Westward Look had formerly been) our resort fee for both rooms in the reservation was cut in half, which I really appreciated. As we got to the rooms, I was pleasantly surprised at the renovations to the desert suites, as we have stayed in the same building about 3 times (building 8, rooms 154&155). The bed, duvet, and pillows were WONDERFUL, big kudos there. Complimentary waters came in VERY handy for my work outs at the upgraded fitness center. GREAT LifeFitness cardio machines with iPod connectivity. Makes a big difference in your post-arrival decompress workout when you're dealing with better equipment than your local fitness club at home has.
Few things to note about the rooms (mine was 154)
-in the bathroom the tile was sticking up in one area where it seemed like there was pipe repair and the repair wasn't flush with the rest of the floor.
-as i've seen on other reviews, the bathroom desperately needed towel racks. there was one that i did not use because it was more for something like a grocery bag with a handle and any towel would've fallen off
-the SHOWER was awful! it was a nice shower, but A) the water pressure was at a trickle, despite the rainforest-like head, and B) it took about 10 minutes for it to get comfortably warm
-during stays in the past, I remember the room amenities included their "Sonoran Spa" products, with great smelling Shampoo, Conditioner, and Lotion. they have downgraded to a lesser product and for some reason are not providing conditioner? I would've much preferred conditioner over body wash, especially when bar soap is provided.

the first night we did dinner at the lookout bar & grille which was very good. attentive service, delicious food, very enjoyable. love the outdoor seating area above the pool with comfortable chairs.

speaking of pool area, the pool is great, but they desperately need to re-vamp the pool service a tad. I can understand the need to keep pool towels from disappearing, but having an older gentleman sitting at a table sternly distributing towels only if you have your wristbands for the day (which we were not given at check in) is a little much. we ordered lunch by the pool, and it came out quickly which was appreciated, and VERY comfortable pool loungers and umbrellas were plentiful.

the spa service was excellent! for fun, I inquired if I could get any spa discounts for being a Gemstone employee, and the spa director promptly contacted me the next morning and offered me 20% off any treatment. sold! I booked a 60-minute deep tissue massage with Nicole, who did a fabulous job. desk ladies were also very nice and attentive.
few things about the spa
-spa waiting room was VERY crowded and kind of awkward. it didn't ruin my spa experience at all, i just think that needs to be next on the re-model list. the waiting room was also right next to the salon which was a detriment because of the noise. the TAZO tea and lemon water was a nice touch.
-the locker rooms could also be expanded. i know it's not las vegas, but one shower and one toilet is a tad underwhelming if they are wanting to build a substantial spa base. lockers were also very shallow which made it slightly difficult to stuff my bag in.
OVERALL SPA: great, relaxing spa day that had me feeling like butter.

the last day, we had breakfast at GOLD, which was offering a Sunday buffet. apparently there was a "Staycation" package offered and we were asked twice if we were a part of it (which we were not). Our waitress, Tiffany, was attentive and my coffee cup was never empty (helping me write this review ;) ) the buffet had all the essentials, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, french toast, and fruit. I would've loved to see steel-cut oatmeal too, but that's just me.

Check out was seamless, reminding me I will be back to The Westward Look soon!

Room Tip: Desert View Room. Beautiful night views