“quick and easy for the whole family”

Desert Ecology Trail
Ranked #111 of 320 things to do in Tucson
More attraction details
Owner description: Hiking trail in Saguaro East.
Reviewed 27 January 2017

This is a short .25 mile paved loop that introduces folks to the plants and animals they will see during their visit. Great for kids, strollers, and folks who use mobility assist devices (wheelchairs, walkers, etc).

3  Thank Andy f
"park"
in 6 reviews
"desert"

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

My granddaughter and I walked on this trail while visiting the park. The entire trail was blacktop and a very short walk. It's not at all strenuous. It's a nice opportunity to walk thru the dessert and see all the different types of plant life that grows here in AZ.

2  Thank JubileeJerry
Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

Just 1/4 mile with some signs telling about some of the vegetation. It was a quickly easy little trail. I enjoyed it but wouldn't want to do it again.

Reviewed 12 January 2016

This is a nice walk to do if you have very limited time. It's only about half a mile, paved, and flat. It has informational signs along the path telling about the local flora and fauna. We went in the winter, but I can imagine it would be quite hot in the summer since it has no shade - though there were a few benches under shade structures.

*if you like my review, I hope you'll click the 'helpful' button; those of us who write reviews love to get them and it motivates us to do more :) *

2  Thank skipitgood
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Spotted this area as we were getting ready to leave the park. Thought we would stop and check it out. It was well worth the stop. It was handicap accessible, and with my wife temporarily in a wheel chair, it was a perfect spot to see a lot of the plants and cactus native to the area, and eve saw some wild life. The whole trail took about a half hour, and was well worth every minute.