Review Highlights
Excellent hiking for all ages!

We had a group of 7 from age 6-65+. We all enjoyed a hike to the dam, taking aleternate paths... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Momof3inIA
Des Moines, Iowa
via mobile
Always wonderful

Our second visit, we took the tram up to the top,walked back down, lovely scenery, but hard to find... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
glenn80526
Fort Collins, Colorado
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Tucson
from US$60.00
from US$50.00
from US$50.00
from US$154.00
4,766 results
All reviews tram ride phone line trail phoneline trail paved road visitor center great hiking great place to hike mile hike hiking trails beautiful scenery running water parking lot beautiful area bring water natural beauty lots of water picnic lunch
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Even though this should be under the mandate to wear masks on federal property, don't go there expecting people to be wearing masks. There are no signs that masks are required, only those on the tram have to wear masks. When I was there there were lots of people and most times the 6 feet distance was no possible on the main road. I walk and hike here every year but will find a safer place this year. Very disappointed in the Forest Service.

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have visited many times. Meeting friendly people on the quiet, peaceful trails is a highlight. Each time I go I see something I haven't seen before.

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed 31 January 2021

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Sabino Canyon. We took the 9:00 am shuttle to the last stop #9 and then hiked the Phoneline trail back to the visitor's center arriving just after 1:00 pm. It was a beautiful walk in the shade of the ridge with the view of the canyon below.

1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed 16 January 2021

My favorite spot in Tucson....I cheated and took the shuttle up..but what a great way to do several hikes in one day...on and off..... no water in the canyon, but I can imagine it would change the look and feel. Amazing terrain....no cars allowed, plenty of hiking choices, and good for any age group.

2  Thank WorldTvlerParker_CO
Reviewed 15 January 2021

Sabino Canyon gives a closer up view of mountains and canyons that Mt Lemmon. Closed to cars, it can be walked, but most of us take the tram up and walk down. Crowded on weekends. Go midweek if you can.

2  Thank SteveBot