“Dishes taste authentic, compared to those in New Orleans”

The Parish Gastropub
Ranked #31 of 1,988 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$5 - US$29
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lived in New Orleans for a year and always try restaurants whenever I see this type of cuisine. The red beans and rice were the best I've had since living there... a good smokey flavor. The gumbo was good but has room to be a little richer and I would always appreciate a little more protein. The Samuel Clemons drink was excellent. Our server was very cheerful and checked on us frequently, which I appreciate. Will definitely come back next time we're in town.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (391)

Reviewed 16 August 2021

The food is okay, I had the gumbo which was very spicy but I knew that. Just did not expect it to be overly spicy. The service was okay too. However, the place is so loud that I could not hear my dinner companions across the table. We had to literally shout at each other. I will never go back. Overall a terrible dining experience. I would not recommend it

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 10 August 2021

Wanted to try a cajun restaurant for something different. The service was very good. The food was true to the restaurants style. Had a nice selection of beer and signature cocktails.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

Pretty cool place. I have to give a huge shout out to the bartenders here - they are awesome! Fast, easy service with big smiles. They keep on top of your needs and are just top notch! Now let’s move into the dining room where after an hour and half wait we were seated and forgotten about. No waters, no knowledge that we were even a table of 4 waiting to be waited on. Staff wouldn’t look you in the eye so you could get their attention. Restaurant was thinning out by this time since it took forever to be seated, so there were no excuses - except for the fact that the waitress that we finally got had many excuses for us. Such poor service - so sad since the bar area is run completely different! We we got our food and it was okay - very overpriced for what you get. We ordered a drunken angel and a drunken shrimp dish. Portions are small - prices are high! Menu is limited - which is fine, must be a COVID times menu. Other reviews are outstanding, but I have to go with just average, and the only reason they get average and not low is due to the bartenders!

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 18 July 2021

We had a very nice meal here. I had the pulled pork, he had the gumbo. Both were very good, HUGE portions! We left full, and satisfied! Our server was fabulous, attentive, but not overbearing. We had to wait about 25 minutes, but it went by quickly and the restaurants notification method was really helpful! (we could check our place in line as we waited). All-in-all, a really nice experience and we'd definitely consider a return to The Parish!

Date of visit: July 2021