“Good variety and tasty”

Jason's Deli
Ranked #380 of 2,050 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

This was our second time to have lunch at this deli during our extended visit to Tucson, so it must be good for us to return. The setting is pleasant, not wonderful but certainly OK for a lunch. There is a good variety of sandwiches, soups, and a salad bar. They even have muffalettas, which one of us had, and it was quite tasty. The salad bar is very popular and looks good, but we are not salad bar type of folks. If you are in the area, this is a good place for lunch.

Reviewed 20 September 2015

Had the 1/2 New York Yankee(3/4pd pastrami and Corned Beef) with salad bar. The salad bar is very fresh with a terrific selection of salad items; The sandwich was outstanding. Have gone several times and the personnel are very friendly and wanting to be sure all that your satisfied with the service and meals.

Reviewed 3 July 2015

Stopped for lunch after my husband had a close by Doctor appointment. Have eaten here before and knew pretty much what the menu was and that it was usually pretty speedy service. There was a special, Johnny Cashew's Sandwich, which we decided to try. My husband had the full sandwich and I had the half with the salad bar. It was interesting and actually quite delicious. I thought from the menu it would be more of a pulled pork sandwich, but was actually thinly sliced and spiced nicely. They have great soups, but I was hungry for a potato soup and none were on the menu that day. SO I chose the salad bar. Everything was fresh and a person was monitoring and cleaning at all times, changing out utensils, which is a nice touch to cut down on contamination. The one thing I found inappropriate while we were eating was that I noticed the attendant cleaning the inside glass of the salad bar cover, spraying and wiping directly over the food containers. The spray could easily have gone on to the food. Our wait for our sandwiches took a lot longer than we have preciously experienced. The place was pretty noisy that day, but I guess it was closer to the lunch hour,

Reviewed 6 April 2015

New to area went straight to an Italian Deli in search of Muffalata mix-promptly referred us to Jasons Deli-the only Muffalata sandwich makers in town. We found the management & staff more than generous and assisted us in our take out order of Muffalata mix-(the top ingredient in my wife's Portabello, Vegan cheese and Vegan salami, pita sandwich-which is awesome). When an Italian Deli refers you to a place then you know it is good. They have variety as well as a nice atmosphere-top marks.

Reviewed 21 March 2015

Very pleased with Jason's Deli. Had the Managers special salad bar and a half deli Club. Very good salad bar selection and always presented clean and full of veggies. Will return for lunch again and again.