“Baggin's GOURMET Sandwiches 5420 E Broadway Blvd #260 (Williams Center Area)”

Baggin's Gourmet Sandwiches
Ranked #224 of 2,136 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$6 - US$8
Description: We have been Tucson's hot lunch spot since 1984. We make all our food in our main kitchen everyday using the best meats and ingredients. Try our famous Unforgettable or Sundown sandwich. We even have the best grilled sandwiches around as well as our popular bread bowl salads. We deliver lunch and each store caters, too
Reviewed 5 August 2017

NOTE: This review is for the Baggin's on Broadway Blvd--it has an EXPANDED MENU. Trip Advisor does NOT currently have individual listings for this local chain in Tucson, AZ. There are multiple Baggin's chain store locations scattered throughout Tucson, Oro Valley, and Marana. I would go as far as saying that the majority of Baggin's shops are strategically located in high traffic areas such as the Tucson International Airport and the Tucson Downtown Area. Again, this review is for the Baggin's on Broadway.

This particular Baggin's is stuffed into the crowded shopping complex in the Williams Center area that is commonly identified by the prominent Olive Garden and Target at in the area of Broadway Blvd. and Craycroft Road. Guests of the Marriott Courtyard would likely visit this particular Baggin's shop as it's within walking distance of that hotel. There are a variety of eateries in this strip mall, including Monkey Burger, said Olive Garden, and Pita Jungle. Baggin's is located almost directly across from Olive Garden, and next to a really neat looking gift shop that I wasn't able to visit--but it looked cool.

Anyways, this Baggin's is a roomy, well laid out store (some can be cramped and noisy), the décor is something along the lines of Southwestern chic. The online menu will give you an idea of what a typical Baggin's offers: Oven fresh bread stuffed with super fresh veggies and/or meats. STUFFED being key.

I still can't say I've tried everything on the menu, but I do have my favorites--currently I favor the "Gourmet Grilled Cheese": American, cheddar, provolone melted on garlic/parmesan grilled sourdough that I like to pair with a cup of tomato basil bisque. For a full sammy and soup and a medium drink I paid around 12 bucks. A complimentary chocolate chip cookie is included with a sandwich order. If you aren't mindful of the "half" serving options that are available you may pay AND eat more than you intended to for a simple sandwich lunch. Don't be afraid to ask if what you're craving comes in the half/half option.

Every Baggin's I've visited goes to great lengths to ensure fresh, crisp veggies, savory "in-house" meats, super soft, tasty, crusty breads made fresh, beyond ordinary sides like bow-tie pasta, potato, or Asian Seseme noodles, or bag of various kettle chips, piping hot delicious soups (tomato basil bisque or chicken tortilla soup). Chose from an assortment of panini's, melts, grinders, salads, oven-baked "toasters", or straight-up sandwiches like egg or tuna salad (both are very tasty) that are made to order. Desserts: a thick slice of rum, limoncello, or carrot cake (each so deliciously DENSE in their own way), also the cookies and a cookie bar as well--order one for later or the next morning with coffee even though you are totally STUFFED.

Seriously, if you take ANYTHING from my review right now, it should be the dessert part. The fresh chocolate chip cookie that comes with a SANDWICH order will top things off just perfectly just the same. I absolutely adore the rum cake, and the Limoncello cake is my go to when I crave something with more bite.

I can vouch for the fact you will get what you paid for and more than you expected, and that it IS worth it! Baggin's is many steps above Jimmy Johns, Potbelly's and Subway joints as far as my review goes. Baggin's also has the typical soda machine drinks, but I never opt for a mundane soda when there's really fresh teas and extra-puckery raspberry lemonade or regular lemony-lemonade that quenches a hot summer day's thirst just fine.

Lastly, the SERVICE. Yes, you place your order along the lunch counter like any sandwich joint. But that doesn't detract from how Baggin's employees all strive to ensure your meal is an awesome experience--from cleanliness, ambiance, restrooms, and service. Even during lunch or dinner rush, every Baggin's I've been to makes sure that: 1) your order isn't rushed just to get it out (grilling fresh takes time, keep that in mind) and 2) that what you ordered didn't sit around a second past prime. I've only had an issue once in all the times I've eaten at a Baggin's, (a new trainee, totally understandable) and it was taken care of promptly.

Overall, I would highly recommend Baggin's, no matter which one you decide to visit. For the sake of this review, I gave this particular shop an "Excellent" rating. I was on a tight schedule for lunch (I had 20 minutes to chow down at 12:30, that's it), but I was NOT about to waste my lunch dollars on a drive-thru value meal when this Baggin's was on my way. Even during "lunch rush" I found close parking, a warm greeting, and a truly superb all-around dining experience. I will definitely be going back to this Baggin's on my own time--and visit that quaint little gift shop next door.

Thank you, Trip Advisor, for giving me the forum to expound on my favorite aspect of living in Tucson, Arizona--It truly IS all about FLAVOR. Since 2015, Tucson has been "designated an UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization) City of Gastronomy for the state of Arizona". Why the U.N. chose this over-wordy title ("Gastronomy?" REALLY? It makes me want to schedule a doctor's appointment!) is beyond me. All I can truly attest to is this:

Tucson is a REALLY good city to be HUNGRY in. Hence the very unscientific fact that when you're looking for somewhere eat, there is absolutely NO REASON to ever eat at a place you could find anywhere else in the world. I call it ESPLL. "Eat, Shop, Play, Live LOCAL."

Paz,
ME.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

Easy place to get a quick and delicious lunch. The menu is large, with options for everyone. I'm particularly fond of their chicken salad, which can be had as a sandwich or as a salad with fresh greens, with or without a bread bowl. The Wholesome Half gives you half a sandwich, a choice of chips or a side salad, and a drink. Every selection comes with a homemade chocolate chip cookie. Who could ask for more?

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Needed to pick up takeout and feel lucky that we wound up near Baggins, which was a recommendation by a shop in the same complex. I asked the friendly Hannah for the three most popular sandwiches; she suggested an Unforgettable, a Cowboy, and a Prime. To sample the most diverse selection, she suggested we get the Cowboy on sourdough bread. Surprised to find a napkin and a chocolate chip cookie include with each sandwich when we opened our bags; fantastic -- who doesn't like a chocolate chip cookie, especially when it is (almost) guilt-free -- ? For less than $10 per head, we fed three hungry adults (and still had a little leftover) -- !

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Menu made it hard to choose what I wanted. So many interesting sandwiches I had an excellent "Almost Reuben". It had coleslaw instead of kraut. They also included a delicious cookie with lunch. Can't wait to eat there again.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Found this little sandwich shop by accident and what a find. Reasonable prices, wonderful selection. Had the tuna salad on marble rye, outstanding. Also Egg Salad bagging Special that was truly unique. Egg salad, lettuce, tomato and bacon. All sandwiches about $7-8 and include wonderful chocolate chip cookie. They also deliver for only $2 per order to hotels and offices. There are a lot of locations around Tucson. Give em a try!

Baggins84, Owner at Baggin's Gourmet Sandwiches, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Thank you so much for your review.

Been to Baggin's Gourmet Sandwiches? Share your experiences!