“Very good lunch”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We just finished a tasty meal here. My family ordered a variety of food and we were all satisfied with both the taste and portions. Also, the price was a pleasant surprise. The service was excellent as well.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

For one they didn't get my order right and two your better off going to a los betos or quick Mexican food joint than this place! Lacks authentic flavor! Everything is very bland and not what Mexican food should be! I will not be eating here ever again. And to top it off it's pricy for crappy food! It tasted as bad as the picture looks!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

This is a family place with good Mexican food at good prices. It is definitely not fancy but if you like good food, try it.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I'm not sure why people drive way out here to eat. Maybe there's a different cook at other times of the day than mid-afternoon during a summer weekday? I had two stacked chicken enchiladas; I asked for the green sauce instead of the usual red. For $9, I got two small-ish tortillas with a fair amount of chicken between them. The only other thing on the plate was a "Mexican salad": iceberg lettuce with tomatoes and grated cheese. This didn't seem as sumptuous as the photos I see here.

There's a lunch menu, but it's very short. The rest of the menu is extensive. There are vegetarian options.

I came here because I was at Saguaro Park West, headed for southern Tucson, it was close and highly recommended here. There are at least several other cafes close by; you might want to check them out too.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Found this place on TripAdvisor. I lived in Tucson for a couple of years and always found the best Mexican at little dives. This place had good reviews and looked authentic...Except for the Italian drapes. Not bad but fairly disappointing given our hopes. Chips were basically out of a bag, salsa as well. I ordered a green chili burrito, enchilada style with red sauce. It was not bad but I've had better at a chain restaurant near me at home. There was something bitter about it. I tried to narrow it down and think it might have been the green chili sauce. Overall, not bad but if you are looking for authentic, there are many places that are better within 5-10 miles of here.

1  Thank Scott C

Been to Los Nopales? Share your experiences!