“Hamburgers went downhill”

Ranked #406 of 2,123 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 1 April 2018

The Old Putney's use to have Angus hamburgers and were fantastic and we went and the first thing i notice it said it was chuck meat so i still order it, Not the same will not get another hamburger from them again. They did a nice job in cleaning up the old bar and looks much nicer inside. My Wife really like the sandwich she got. So next time we stop by i won't get the hamburger but try something else off the menu. i always like to give a place a couple of chances before i mark them off my list.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Looked interesting when we drove by and decided to try it. Tuesday’s is Taco Tuesday. The beef taco was excellent but pork and chicken was mediocre. They were small. They had live entertainment but the guitar player struggled. Probably won’t be back

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Took family there. Great food, great staff and overall a very nice sports bar atmosphere. We have been here about 5 times since moving to Arizona. If family visits, this is one of the places we take them.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Great sports bar! great bar food . Seating is perfect for viewing the big game or many games at a time. Wall to Wall viewing from countless Big screen TV that surround the whole bar service is good gets a bit sluggish at times but not a real deal the staff works very hard and are very pleasant. The bar selection is abundant and beer selection good,the wine selection so so but I'm not trying to pair a great burger or wings to a fine wine! if you get my drift. plenty of parking and outdoor seating and play area. I would have to say one of the best sports bars in this area.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

My first visit after the remodel was done as I stayed away for many reasons after years of dining here. Love the new layout this is more open and seems brighter. Looks so much cleaner now as well. Nice to hear they use cod for the fish n chips rather than a lower grade of fish. Had one of the burgers which was a decent size and cooked as ordered. The fries were good and crisp which was a concern in the past years. They have what looks like wall to wall TV's as a sports bar needs to have. The only downer and its been so common at many other places I wonder if it is the new trend. Paid in cash and just bills were returned, no coins. Maybe picky but if it is .20 or .90 cents I do expect to have all the change given then its up to me to add the coins to the bills given as a tip. My tip was reduced this visit as a result.

Been to Putney's Sports Saloon? Share your experiences!